“Ate at the Wine Bar”
Review of Tommy's Cuisine

Tommy's Cuisine
Reserve with OpenTable
Tommy's Cuisine is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #215 of 1,991 Restaurants in New Orleans
Price range: US$21 - US$30
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Central Business District
Description: Tommy’s knows how to serve a meal with the quintessential New Orleans reverence for fine ingredients and artful combinations. At Tommy’s Cuisine, Creole Italian comes to life with entrees like roasted Duck Tchoupitoulas and Crabmeat Sardou and appetizers ranging from baked oysters to escargots simmered in vermouth.
Reviewed 29 July 2014

Terrific baked oysters, we especially loved the Oysters Tommy. We had a selection of appetizers along with wine. It was a great small meal before hitting Bourbon Street. I've heard from locals that Tommy's was a must do, but we had very casual attire, shorts and T shirts and felt we were very underdressed for the regular restaurant.

Reviewed 27 July 2014

This is our third visit to Tommy's. Last visit was about 3 years ago. Back then, we would not have had a bad word to say about the place. This time, it was good, but not as good as last. The service is top notch, the bread and bruschetta excellent, the wine selection was excellent. I had the chicken parm. It was good, but very salty. The side of pasta was great, as was the mushrooms on the side, but I was truly surprised at how salty the chicken was. Hubby had the veal marsala. It was good, but not as great as it was 3 years ago. Would definatley go back, but they need to work a bit on their seasonings.

Reviewed 22 July 2014

Went for a business meal with nine coworkers. It had been set up by someone else and walking in I was worried about having Italian in NOLA, but was quickly won over. The restaurant is expansive thru several different rooms across a large footprint, all establishing smaller rooms so it feels intimate even thought you are in a huge restaurant.

The wait staff-selected mixed appetizers were great - crab ball, oysters, shrimp, etc. Extensive wine selection, medium-sized menu to select from, but then also about four daily specials. Good salads were distributed around the table. For the main meal I went with the veal picata special which was fantastic; a large portion (which I worry about sometimes not getting enough), well presented and great flavor.

We passed on dessert, but I am sure it was equally good. I would return (but there are so many other fantastic locations in NOLA, I may keep pressing on for more adventure. I certainly recommend Tommy's.

Reviewed 14 July 2014 via mobile

The most amazing meal since I arrived 5 days ago!!!! A quaint creole italian restaurant....had the Tommy Oysters and Mussels....couldn't have been fresher. Amazing service by Elle.....the Pecan Bread Pudding was to die for.....neighboorhood gem!

Reviewed 12 July 2014

Headed here for dinner on a Saturday night on the recommendation of an acquaintance. Atmosphere is typically New
Orleans and very seasoned. I had the shrimp fetuccine and it was a mess. A few shrimp and smothered in white sauce, and what looked like greens. My wife was satisifed with her scallops.

Not a lot of attnetion to detail here, and it shows. Although our experience was made better by a very cordial waiter.