“Excellent Salmon”

Good for: Bar Scene
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Faubourg Marigny & Bywater
Reviewed 26 May 2014

First time to NOLA and Frenchmen St. and was trying to decide where to eat one Sunday evening. It was Memorial Day weekend and the area was packed with people quickly filling up restaurants. We wanted to find a place to listen to great music without sacrificing the quality of the food. Usually you end up with bar food at music venues, so I was pretty skeptical about getting a great meal on Frenchmen St. We came across Snug Harbor and decided to give it a shot. The one thing that drew me in was the separation of the live music and restaurant. The jazz band was in another room in the back separate from the dining area but you could still hear it plain as day just not so in your face and loud. I actually liked this because I did not feel like yelling my conversation over dinner all night. It was the best of both worlds in my opinion, live music plus a great meal. I enjoyed the Salmon with lemon and butter with a baked potato. The salmon was cooked to perfection and the baked potato was a perfect match. Loved every bite! Finished off dinner with bread pudding. Would highly recommend!!

1  Thank fancypants2008

Reviewed 23 May 2014

This is the new up and coming street of NO. Lots of music but seemed seedier. They have a large jazz venue in the back with well-known talent. I had a burger, my husband had the fried shrimp burger, both with baked potatoes. I felt the burger was overcooked but I really enjoyed the potato. We sat in the bar and had a nice lady wait on us. She made me an oversized drink to go. We did not pay to go to the concert happening in the back.

Reviewed 19 May 2014

Dinner in the Frenchman part of the Quarter. Dark romantica l and packed on a Friday night. Ordered gumbo and fried shrimp. Also tried their signature drink that was strong.

Reviewed 14 May 2014

Ellis Marsalis on the piano, while eating authentic New Orleans food - what could be better? Reasonably priced, convenient to the French Quarter, and okay atmosphere. Small and quaint, but it somehow felt right.

Reviewed 29 April 2014 via mobile

Great burger but could use a better bun. Loved the baked potatoes. Nice alternative with fair prices.