“Late nite surprise”

Ranked #291 of 1,935 Restaurants in New Orleans
Price range: US$20 - US$25
Cuisines: American, Bar, French, Cajun & Creole, Pub
Good for: Child-friendly, Bar Scene
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Drinks, After-hours, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighbourhood: Faubourg Marigny & Bywater
“Late nite surprise”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 May 2014

Came here on a whim as my gf and i were looking for a bite to eat late nite. Came in and we were wowed by the food. The bread pudding was pretty good also. Would recommend

Visited May 2014
1 Thank BeeVeeJack

Chelmsford, United Kingdom
“All about the steak.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2014

Must have the steak in this jazz bar/restaurant. Comes with jacket potato which was a first for me. Eat the food then go next door for drinks & live music. A real must when in The Big Easy.

Visited May 2014
Bandar Seri Begawan, Brunei Darussalam
“Superb Jazz Venue with top class acts”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 May 2014

In a city of many great jazz clubs, I was recommended by local to visit the Snug Harbor. It exceeded my expectations. Charmaine Neville and her band performed. This must be one of the best jazz performances I've listened to. She draws in the audience with ease and aplomb, and her voice is electrifying. Not to be missed

Houston
“Excellent Salmon”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 May 2014

First time to NOLA and Frenchmen St. and was trying to decide where to eat one Sunday evening. It was Memorial Day weekend and the area was packed with people quickly filling up restaurants. We wanted to find a place to listen to great music without sacrificing the quality of the food. Usually you end up with bar food at music venues, so I was pretty skeptical about getting a great meal on Frenchmen St. We came across Snug Harbor and decided to give it a shot. The one thing that drew me in was the separation of the live music and restaurant. The jazz band was in another room in the back separate from the dining area but you could still hear it plain as day just not so in your face and loud. I actually liked this because I did not feel like yelling my conversation over dinner all night. It was the best of both worlds in my opinion, live music plus a great meal. I enjoyed the Salmon with lemon and butter with a baked potato. The salmon was cooked to perfection and the baked potato was a perfect match. Loved every bite! Finished off dinner with bread pudding. Would highly recommend!!

1 Thank fancypants2008
Columbus, OH
“Dinner on Frenchman Street”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 May 2014

This is the new up and coming street of NO. Lots of music but seemed seedier. They have a large jazz venue in the back with well-known talent. I had a burger, my husband had the fried shrimp burger, both with baked potatoes. I felt the burger was overcooked but I really enjoyed the potato. We sat in the bar and had a nice lady wait on us. She made me an oversized drink to go. We did not pay to go to the concert happening in the back.