“Visited 3 times on our trip!”

Cleo's Mediterranean Cuisine & Convenience
Ranked #347 of 1,954 Restaurants in New Orleans
Neighbourhood: Central Business District
Neighbourhood: Central Business District
Portland, Maine
“Visited 3 times on our trip!”
Reviewed 18 March 2014 via mobile

Delicious delicious delicious! We stayed at a nearby hotel and ate here three times because it was so good! Friendly staff working who recognized us instantly our second time in. Food ready quickly and great choices! Highly recommended!

“Amazing, delicious, fantastic, food!!!”
Reviewed 11 March 2014

I can't begin to describe how amazing this food is. It was my first experience with Mediterranean food but I am so glad I swallowed my inhibitions and tried it. It was fresh and delicious. Service was so fast and the value is great! So glad I tried something new! I will go back again before the end of my vacation!

• Visited March 2014
1 Thank Cashe311
Kansas City
“Unbelievable”
Reviewed 22 January 2014 via mobile

On my regular rotation, Cleo is a breath of fresh air in NOLA. Fresh, authentic, outstanding service, fair price, nice people. Favorite is the beef, chicken combo with hummus and a salad. Schwarma and the Lula are a close second and third. Fries are my guilty pleasure and they are outstanding here with gyro sandwich. Try this place once and you will go back.

Visited January 2014
Naperville, Illinois
“BE AWARE of your bill”
Reviewed 29 December 2013

The food and service at this place is good. However, BE AWARE of your bill. Five of us dined there on the Xmas eve. When asked for the check, we got a handwritten bill listed our orders but WITHOUT individual prices. At check out, the owner totaled our bill using a cash register but it came out about 15% over our own calculation. When challenged, he recalculated and lowered the amount. But it was still over the total from the price on the menu. When we asked for the detail breakdown, he then claimed that prices of some of the dishes had been increased but the waitress did not update the menu yet. He did not even give us a receipt for our payment. We handed our gratuity to the waitress in person since we couldn't trust the owner's business practice.

• Visited December 2013
Tarek M, Owner at Cleo's Mediterranean Cuisine & Convenience, responded to this review, 2 January 2014
We are sorry that $2 causes you so much distress that you would take the time to file false complaints on multiple websites. You obviously have a personal problem. As was explained to you in the store, the two plates you ordered for *five* people cost $11.50 not $10.50. These two plates would cost you $45 in other Mediterranean restaurants in New Orleans, and you would not have the same taste. We even gave you the $2 refund at checkout although your son and your family were so irritated from your attitude and your yelling. We asked you to put the tips on the table for the waitress. We are honest people and don't appreciate when troublemakers tell lies about the business we have worked so hard to build.
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Whoa!!!!”
Reviewed 18 December 2013 via mobile

Food was outstanding!!!! I wanted to hug the cook! Everything was top notch!!! Oh and open 24/7!!!! Absolutely loved the kibbi! Highly recommend the app for two, but it's enough for 4 as a meal!!!!!

• Visited December 2013