“Best falafel I have ever had!”

Cleo's Mediterranean Cuisine & Convenience
Ranked #342 of 2,011 Restaurants in New Orleans
Neighbourhood: Central Business District
Neighbourhood: Central Business District
Reviewed 23 July 2014

After a few days of seafood and creole fare, it was time for a change and Cleo's hit the spot! It is easy to miss and doesn't look like much on the outside, but don't pass it by. It's open 24 hours, has a wide selection, and some of the best falafel I have ever had. The portions are big, too. You won't be disappointed.

2  Thank Rachel G

Reviewed 18 July 2014

After 2 days of cajun/creole food I was looking for something different. It was also raining, so I wanted something close to my hotel (The Roosevelt). Cleo's was the choice - and it was a great one. I can't understand why this restaurant only has 16 reviews. Don't let that scare you away.

I had the falafel platter - which had 6 falafel (more than I could finish), salad, and hummus with pita. Everything was excellent. If you're looking for something low key and different in NOLA - give Cleo's a shot.

1  Thank ARFoodieGuy
Reviewed 14 June 2014 via mobile

I would have never stopped at this place based upon the location(located alongside a grocery store) our hotel recommended it. We loved our meal and it is open 24 hours. Would recommend it.

Reviewed 13 May 2014 via mobile

You will love it. Everything was extremely delicious! We will come back. Highly recommend. The lamb and falafel are the best!

Reviewed 15 April 2014

We went there for brunch. They have a wide variety of choices on their menu for any time of the day. They are conveniently open 24hrs (that's what they told us) for late night snacks or brunch. The food was ok but the flavor was not authentic as one would expect. Portions were ok.
After our meal, we did some shopping in their grocery section. The layout is not separate from the restaurant and somewhat disorganized. Although they do have a wide selection of Mediterranean groceries a lot of it has been on the shelf for a while.
I do recommend the restaurant as a change of taste but not as an authentic experience. On the other hand, if you are grocery shopping only get the basic stuff with a fast shelf turnover.