“Loved it so much - we went back next day for lunch”
Review of Primo's - CLOSED

Price range: US$0 - US$50
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Neighbourhood: French Quarter
Description: Closed due to damage suffered in Hurricane Katrina.
Reviewed 10 November 2010

Primos is a great little restaurant on Decatur St. It has a nice atmosphere with open doors so that you can watch the city walk by. The staff was friendly and the food was fantastic! We had Primo Pasta (jambalaya with pasta) one night and loved it so much we went back the next day for lunch- and had the same thing! Great Bloody Marys - not too spicy! There was an upstairs that you could sit out on the balcony, but we did not do that.

There are newer reviews for Primo's

Reviewed 22 October 2010

We sat on the balcony. I thought we were going to fall through it. Some new boards would do Primo's some good!

Our waitress was darling. She was on top of everything. The fried cheese sticks were fresh and crispy. My husband had the lasagna and it was very good. The sauce was a little different then what we are used to, but good. I had the blackened chicken florentine. The chicken was perfectly cooked. We also had the alfredo and pasta. It was delish, too.

Reviewed 21 February 2010

Unfortunately Carmelo has now changed owners. It is now called Primos, still serving Italian food but it's not what Carmelo's used to be. I recently ate there, and while some of the food was relatively good - appetizers, pasta - the pizzas were chewy and doughy, and the service not that great. Too bad!!

1  Thank brelwen
Reviewed 26 September 2009

Best restaurant in New Orleans. The family that runs the restaurant are some of the bet people I have ever met while traveling. Can't say enough good things about Peter the bartender, Carmelo the owner, Paul the Gm and Franchesca the owners daughter. They were more than happy to grant our every request. They are very knowledgable about the wine have an enourmous selectio. We will plan a business dinner in the wine room on our next trip. Have the caprese bruschetta, it is sinful. We can't wait to come back to New Orleans and visit the great people of Carmelo's!

Reviewed 28 August 2009

Excellent restaurant in the French Quarter in New Orleans. I went there with my Mom and we had an amazing lunch. We shared the calamari which was honestly one of the best I've had. For lunch I ordered the chicken parmesan panini and my Mom had the meatball sandwich. Everything was excellent including the service! We'll definitely be back when we visit New Orleans again!