“Delicious way to start the day”
Review of Le Croissant d'Or

Good for: Child-friendly, View, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Takeout
Neighbourhood: French Quarter
Reviewed 7 June 2014

It looks tiny from the outside, but the inside is a delightful surprise. The almost constant lines in the morning attest to its appeal. Prices are reasonable. My husband had a quiche Lorraine while I had the ham and cheese breakfast croissant. Both were very tasty and satisfying, although I wish the croissant had more cheese and ham. However, the croissant itself was delicious and flaky and filled me despite the meager filling. I can hardly wait to try some of the delectable looking sweets. People rave about it, and I can see why. Next on the agenda is their croissant sandwiches for only $6.50. On a heavenly croissant, how can you go wrong?

1  Thank Mollie G

Reviewed 3 June 2014

We were told about this place by some locals as we were eating lunch one day. We didn't have plans for breakfast the next morning so we decided to try it out! Good thing because it was the best pastry I have ever eaten, including in Paris! There were so many different things to choose from that my husband and I couldn't decide so we each got two pastries. Our eyes were bigger than our stomachs and we went back again the next morning!

Reviewed 2 June 2014

I know...tuna fish ! But my daughter really loves tuna..is it became a mission. Imagine, it is not easy to find something so simple in New Orleans. I was actually an extra in a movie filmed on Ursulines and saw croissant d' or , but forgot to go back. I was invited by a friend to try it for lunch! We have been back 3 times..almost weekly ! My daughter has found tuna salad at several other places...but loves this the best! ( and dessert too) She actually eats the pastry first so she can savor the tuna! ...cafe au lait..delightful too! Actually have not had anything that has not met or exceeded expectations! And the interior...worth a visit to enjoy the decorative ceilings..tile work..or just the patio seating!

Reviewed 30 May 2014

In a city like New Orleans, that has great restaurant after great restaurant, why go to the same place over and over again? Because it's that freakin' good! Fresh croissants, pain au chocolat, almond croissant, raspberry croissants.... lovely baked goods, and cold water, all in a cool Art Nouveau setting, that is just cooling and relaxing, and a great little indulgence.

Reviewed 28 May 2014

The pastries are wonderful - chocolate croissants and cranberry bars were taken home. Breakfast special is one of the best bargains in New Orleans!