“Terrible experience” 1 of 5 bubbles

Neighbourhood: Faubourg Marigny & Bywater
utah
“Terrible experience”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 November 2013

I've been visiting Mimi's for a couple of years now, and have had similar experiences before, though not to this extent. There is a surly bartender downstairs, that can make or break your experience. While getting waited on here can be a lengthly process, the rudeness is something I can't understand. While visiting with friends between shows, we stopped in for a quick bite (the food is pretty good!) The bar tender (red hair, no smile, easy to spot) Is rude, was yelling at customers, and screaming about it for an hour later. I guess she had refused to serve someone, and just couldn't let it go. I was so embarrassed that I had brought along a group of friends.
Never again.

• Visited November 2013
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank karawebster

New Orleans, Louisiana
“Amazing food and atmosphere in the Marigny”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 July 2013

Despite all the amazing things I have been hearing about the Faubourg Marigny, I would never have expected this fun and funky neighborhood bar to have world-class food. The bar downstairs is awesome. But then a local clued me in ... you can climb a short staircase to food heaven! The menu is essentially Spanish tapas, and it is sooooooo good. Amazingly reasonable prices, and the food was extremely fresh and flavorful. My friend and I had 2 drinks each, and shared 3 generous sized tapas dishes (it was dinner for us) and it set us back less than $50, with tip. We shared an arugula salad with some sort of artichoke confit, and potatoes brava (I'm massacring the names), and crostini with truffle oil and marinated red peppers. It was sooooooo good. And - they have dance lessons on Monday nights, how fun is that? If you are visiting New Orleans, don't miss this neighborhood gem.

Visited June 2013
North Bellmore, New York
“Decent food, decent music”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 March 2013

Decent tapas, good wine recommendations, good live music. Make sure to stay upstairs if you want a smoke-free environment. Glad we found Mimi's in the Marigny (it was recommended by a server at a different restaurant as a place where locals go, which is always what we want).

• Visited March 2013
1 Thank jbergma
Kansas City, Missouri
“Great Tapa's”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 March 2013

We stumbled upon this place and it turned out to be a favorite! A little pricey, but so worth it! So many wonderful tapas and you can tell the quality is there!

Visited February 2013
Konstanz, Germany
“Decent food, good music”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 February 2013

Enjoyed a salad and a beer downstairs, and then moved upstairs for some great music. It was packed, but I was still able to find a seat at the bar. Local musicians and dancers all around. A fun time!

Visited February 2013