Really reasonably-priced hotel in a good location (just outside of the French Quarter, easy walking distance to all the sights). Even if you can't quite bring yourself to stumble home from Bourbon Street, it's just a few dollars' cab ride. The breakfast was not bad, and the lobby is attractive and inviting. The staff was friendly and unobtrusive.
On the downside, our suite, which was at the very front of the hotel on the second floor (which is open to the lobby) was LOUD. Lots of noise drifted up to the room from the lobby (to the front/sitting room) and from the street (to the bedroom in the back). I suspect that rooms that don't overlook the lobby would be less loud.
I was in New Orleans for a wedding and shared a suite with friends, and even though I drew the short straw and got the foldout couch, I slept well (it's a very comfortable foldout, even for grownups). I did have to wear earplugs due the aforementioned noise issues, but that's standard travel procedure for me anyhow.
Next time I visit New Orleans, I will definitely consider this hotel, though I would request a less-noisy room (and still make sure I had my earplugs!). I would totally recommend it, especially if you're planning on spending a lot of your time in New Orleans out and about, not hanging around the hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- With its home-like decor and plentiful amenities, the Country Inn & Suites, New Orleans French Quarter offers comfort and convenience in the heart of downtown New Orleans. Our historic hotel is comprised of seven 19th century buildings, giving it a charming, boutique feel that artfully blends old world charm with modern comforts. Our prime location on Magazine Street near the French Quarter places our guests close to many nearby New Orleans activities and attractions, including Bourbon Street and the Convention Center. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Odigeo, Priceline, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., HRS, Cancelon, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, New Orleans French Quarter reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Country Inn & Suites New Orleans Hotel New Orleans
- Country Inn And Suites New Orleans
- Country Inn New Orleans
- New Orleans Country Inn