“Our first trip to New Orleans”

The Eliza Jane New Orleans - in the Unbound Collection by Hyatt
Ranked #39 of 167 Hotels in New Orleans
Reviewed 21 May 2012

What a wonderful surprise upon arriving at Country Inn and Suites in New Orleans. The Hotel, the surroundings, and especially the staff helped to make this trip one to remember. Everything about this Hotel was well done with a cheerful "Glad you're here, how can we help you?" approach to our entire stay. Rooms were well appointed and retained the Old New Orleans charm with exposed brick and original wooden beams throughout the Hotel. Although the Hotel was bustling, we enjoyed the serenity of our room, total peace!

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Rich K
mlarose9, General Manager at The Eliza Jane New Orleans - in the Unbound Collection by Hyatt, responded to this reviewResponded 23 May 2012

Glad to hear you had a great trip to New Orleans. It always makes me proud of the team we have here when I hear feedback like this. Hopefully everyone checking out our reviews notes that we really are here to help make trips great, and feels totally comfortable reaching out if there is ANYTHING we can do to help. We have tried to foster an environment that is comfortable for guests to "come home to" with little perks like the fresh baked cookies at the desk, and the complimentary breakfast, but being welcomed with a smile and greeted with your name - I think is the best way to create that feeling.

Hopefully you get to come back to New Orleans soon! We would love to have you stay again!

Write a ReviewReviews (3,525)

Reviewed 20 May 2012

My wife and I really enjoyed our first trip to NOLA in the beginning of May. Country Inn & Suites was a pleasant surprise. It's only two or three blocks away from the French Quarter and is walking distance to pretty much everything. It's nice being a few blocks away because the hotel was really very quiet and we were able to sleep well. The hotel bartender (John) really made our trip! He left a lasting impression and is really one of a kind. He basically planned our whole trip for us the first night we were at the hotel (which places to eat, things to do and see, etc.) and none of his recommendations dissapointed. I highly recommend getting a drink from John at the lobby bar and asking him for his dining and sightseeing recommendations. We can't say enough good things about him.

The hotel and rooms were pretty clean. However some of the rooms were rather small. Ours was a fine size though. The daily complimentary continental breakfasts were pretty good as well. The only reason I give a 4 instead of a 5 is because the maid didn't make up our room one of the days we were there after we asked if she could come back in 15 minutes when we left the room. Overall an excellent choice in NOLA. We will most likely stay here again the next time we are back in NOLA.

Room Tip: We initially were given a room with two double beds instead of a king bed so we asked to switch to o...
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Joseph M
mlarose9, General Manager at The Eliza Jane New Orleans - in the Unbound Collection by Hyatt, responded to this reviewResponded 22 May 2012

Glad to hear you had such a great trip to New Orleans! We are definitely lucky to have some absolute gems on our staff. They can turn a great trip into one that has memories to last a lifetime. I apologize about what I am guessing was an honest miscommunication with the housekeeper. I will be sure to give a reminder that they need to be sure to follow up if they have any uncertainty about a guests request.

I hope you get to come back to New Orleans soon and we can send you on some more great adventures in the city!

Reviewed 18 May 2012 via mobile

I will preface this by saying we visited during Mardis Gras and probably would experience noise in most hotels. However, the noise level was so loud that I couldn't sleep a wink. Our room overlooked the main lobby/common area, and I was sleeping on the pull-out couch that was near the door. My wife and son slept in the bedroom and didn't hear any noise. For me, though, it was unbearable. I would guess that their rating of the hotel would be higher than mine since their only complaint was that the room was small. Overall, I would recommend it, but only if you are sleeping in a room that does not overlook the lobby.

• Stayed: February 2012
Reviewed 17 May 2012

My Husband and I spent a weekend staying in New Orleans. This hotel was nice, close walking distance to everything and comfortable. The rooms were extremely small and the walls are paper thin. I could hear everything going on in the hallways, by the elevators and the rooms on each side of us all night! Next time we visit, we plan to spend a little extra and stay somewhere nicer.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
mlarose9, General Manager at The Eliza Jane New Orleans - in the Unbound Collection by Hyatt, responded to this reviewResponded 18 May 2012

We are sorry to hear, although it sounds like you had a pretty good time in New Orleans, things were not perfect. Though we are in a nice, quiet area - occasionally some noise does find its way back to the property. If you ever have that (or any) issue, we definitely encourage you to contact us to see what we can do for you. We always want to do what we can to make guests stays perfect. Thank you for taking the time to share, and hopefully you consider giving us another shot next time you make it to New Orleans!

Reviewed 17 May 2012

I came to New Orleans for a conference and stayed at the Country Inn & Suites for one night then a different property for two subsequent nights at the conference's host hotel. I would have much rather stayed at the Country Inn & Suites! The bellhops were top notch and attentive, the front desk staff were friendly and called you by name, the breakfast was delicious, plentiful, and free, and the concierge was wonderful and very helpful. I am a meeting planner, so it is refreshing to see such qualities in a hotel property. The sales staff were excellent, and I would not hesitate to hold an event here in this historic and beautiful property.

The hotel pays such great attention to detail yet maintains a friendly atmosphere with a sense of humor. The room was comfortable and clean, and I got a kick out of the letters in the room explaining termite season. While I did not frequent the bar, I could tell that people were enjoying themselves there very much, and they had some nice food selections as well. The hotel property has an interesting history, and its location is quiet yet close enough to the hustle and bustle to walk. I highly recommend this hotel and will make it my first choice when returning to the city with so much fantastic culture and cuisine, New Orleans!

Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank SunshineDiver

Thanks for taking the time to share so much great feedback! We really appreciate the pat on the back, and I will be sure to share this with everyone. I think you really summed up our goals with the staff when you referenced attention to detail, but still having fun with our guests. We know that we are a home away from home for travellers and want to do everything we can to make sure that guests are comfortable. Having a good breakfast ready to start the day, and a friendly smile when you return in the evening are just a few ways to make sure everyone is well taken care of.

We hope that in the future you, and your clients, get to come to New Orleans and visit!

Reviewed 16 May 2012

Very nice lobby, with lots of meeting space, free breakfast and coffee. The location is far enough from the French quarter to be quiet, but close enough to easily get there.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled on business

Glad to hear you enjoyed the stay! We really do think the property gives the best of both worlds - Close enough that it takes just minutes to be in the heart of the Quarter, but far enough that you can come home and relax! A perfect blend if you ask us.

Thanks for taking the time to share your feedback! Hopefully you get to come back and stay again soon.

Reviewed 14 May 2012

Decent hotel, we had a large room, 2 queens, big bathroom, good quality mattresses, good quality pillows. Friendly staff as far as we had anything to do with them. Easy access to French Quarter and Canal Street. Quality of breakfast depends on the day, they have a lot of fresh fruit, which is a big plus. Coffee could be a lot hotter and a lot stronger, kind of surprising it wasn't as good as real French coffee, and a bit of a disappointment too. Lovely little courtyard round paddling pool which was lovely at night. The one big, big drawback of this hotel is that the windows don't open, so there is no fresh air. Inside the building you have no idea of what the weather is like outside, and that is a big 'don't like' in my books. But I have to say that the air conditioning seemed to work well, it was a lot quieter than I have encountered elsewhere and the quality of air wasn't bad at all. My guess is that people who are used to air conditioning would have no problem with this at all.

Room Tip: Our room, 236, was quiet, I have no idea what the other rooms are like.
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Muse-trips
mlarose9, General Manager at The Eliza Jane New Orleans - in the Unbound Collection by Hyatt, responded to this reviewResponded 15 May 2012

Glad that it sounds like you had a good time visiting New Orleans. We appreciate the feedback! We definitely try to go the extra mile with everything, including the breakfast, and 24 hour coffee being included. I know I normally hear glowing feedback on the brew (and enjoy it myself when I steal a cup) so I am surprised to hear it wasnt up to par - definitely something we can keep an eye on, but perhaps it was a matter of preference. I know coffee can be a bit personal. Hopefully you get to come back to visit again soon and we can really hit it out of the park on all fronts! Thank you for taking the time to share.