I wasn't sure what to think when I read that I'd booked the Country Inn site unseen from Hotwire. However, it was absolutely beautiful and not like any plain-jane 2-star chain hotel. A nicely converted former warehouse, the ambiance was just as nice as some other higher star hotels I've stayed at in New Orleans. The room was clean and nice (if on the smaller side). The courtyard was lovely with tropical plants and exposed brick. The staff was friendly and very attentive. The free breakfast was very good for a quick stop.
The only drawbacks--as others have said, the small pool is more of a large hot tub. There are weird mini-stairs in each hallway that have to be navigated while you are on your floor. There isn't a restaurant in the hotel, so order out (and pick it up at the front desk area) or wander outside the hotel for dinner. Despite that, it's quite lovely and I'd stay here again in a minute.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- With its home-like decor and plentiful amenities, the Country Inn & Suites, New Orleans French Quarter offers comfort and convenience in the heart of downtown New Orleans. Our historic hotel is comprised of seven 19th century buildings, giving it a charming, boutique feel that artfully blends old world charm with modern comforts. Our prime location on Magazine Street near the French Quarter places our guests close to many nearby New Orleans activities and attractions, including Bourbon Street and the Convention Center. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com and Odigeo so you can book your Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, New Orleans French Quarter reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Country Inn & Suites New Orleans Hotel New Orleans
- Country Inn And Suites New Orleans
- Country Inn New Orleans
- New Orleans Country Inn