“Nice hotel for a weekend ”

Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, New Orleans French Quarter
Ranked #43 of 166 Hotels in New Orleans
Reviewed 22 October 2013 via mobile

My wife and I stay here for a weekend getaway from Baton Rouge, la the hotel was nice staff was great the only bad thing was the room smelled like smoke and a refrigerator was dirty but beside that our stay was great I would recommend Country Inn to all my friends and my family

Stayed: October 2013
Write a ReviewReviews (3,525)

Reviewed 22 October 2013

My family and I stay at this location when ever we are in New Orleans. It is not fancy but clean and safe. It is centrally located close to casino and all transportation as well as an easy walk to all the local attractions.

Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 22 October 2013

I loved New Orleans. Thought it was an amazing city with so much to do, wonderful food and music. My room was clean and comfortable and the location excellent, just a walk to most places. However, I was very disappointed with my experience there. We arrived early and our rooms were not ready, so we were told to leave our luggage with the valet. This we did. I had purchased some lovely artwork in Memphis for my son. My friend had also purchased some. I attached the artwork, which was in a large plastic bag, to my suitcase. When we returned to collect our bags, the artwork was gone. The hotel did not take responsibility, said it was the valet. The valet did not take responsibility, said it was the sub-contractor. Nobody was at all concerned at the loss and, each day of my stay there, I questioned the people concerned and received negative responses. They could care less. We flew home to Australia minus the artwork and with no compensation and no apologies. A sad case of neglect.

Room Tip: Do not leave anything with the valet.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
mlarose9, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, New Orleans French Quarter, responded to this reviewResponded 31 October 2013

I sincerely apologize for the troubles that you ran into during the stay. We are definitely concerned to hear that anything happened, and even more that it wasnt handled in a way that was satisfactory. I know that our Front Office Manager has been reaching out, trying to help sort out the issues and hopefully we can find an appropriate resolution! I am glad to hear that the city and trip otherwise went well.

Reviewed 21 October 2013

First time in Nola and very happy to have chosen the Country Inn and Suites. Excellent location, clean rooms, but most of all the staff go out of their way to welcome and help in any way. We were greeted at check in by Sabrina who went out of her way to meet a request. We worked with Valerie and Dennis at the concierge desk and both were extremely knowledgable and gave Great recommendations. Even if you are not a history buff visit the WWII museum a short walk on Magazine St.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
mlarose9, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, New Orleans French Quarter, responded to this reviewResponded 22 October 2013

Glad to hear you had a great stay! We definitely want everyone to have that special first impression when they come to New Orleans. The WWII Museum is a great recommendation - there are some fantastic museums and restaurants in that area that we cannot recommend enough and all are walking distance from the hotel.

Thanks for taking the time to share your review -- We really appreciate it! Hopefully you get to come back for another visit soon!

Reviewed 19 October 2013

We stayed here for one night after fishing in Venice. We were thoroughly impressed with the decor, atmosphere, friendly staff and clean room. We were upgraded to a suite and would most definitely stay here again if we come back next year! Loved the location! As far as parking - their rates are comparable to other hotels in the area and it's just part of the expense you have to plan to pay when staying in a historical downtown hotel. I booked a combo package that discounted the valet parking - something to look into...

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family

Great to hear you had a fantastic stay! Hopefully you do get to come back again next year! Thanks for taking the time to share your feedback with us, and all those reading.

Reviewed 19 October 2013

This was the best hotel we stayed in on our recent holiday in the USA .From handing the car over to the Valet Parking guys to leaving we had a great stay.Every member of staff we had dealings with was pleasant,courteous and helpful.Our room and common areas were clean.The breakfast was very good and the breakfast room supervisor ensured that every item was replenished.The hotel is in an ideql location being just off Canal St. and within easy walking distance of Bourbon St and other attractions.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 October 2013

Great place to stop all the staff friendly, good breakfast to start the day all items refreshed as needed. We upgraded to a suit which was big overlooking Magazine street had no problem with noise. Room had fridge and coffee making, cleaned each day fresh towels and shower hot and powerfull. Walking distance to everywhere and if you need to go further trams 3-5 mins walk away on Canal Street. Great hotel and staff who even shouted hello to us when walking in one of the local parks.

Room Tip: Try the suit
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
mlarose9, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, New Orleans French Quarter, responded to this reviewResponded 21 October 2013

Sounds like you had a great time! Its always awesome to hear that everyone is really enjoying their stays. Thank you for taking the time to share everything! Hopefully you get to come back and stay with us again soon!