Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, New Orleans French Quarter
Ranked #43 of 166 Hotels in New Orleans
Reviewed 24 October 2013

This hotel has separate parts that can only be accessed by Elevators 1, 2, and 3. It is quite confusing which elevator services which rooms. Also, the elevators are so small that the valet luggage cart barely fits and is quite difficult to get out of the elevator because of lack of space and because the elevator opens one direction to go up and the other direction to get off. There is very little room to "park" a car to check-in and out. It costs $28.00 per night to park. The room was very large but in dire need of painting.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the lower levels to avoid the elevator nightmare that services the 4R floor.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank dpjp88
mlarose9, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, New Orleans French Quarter, responded to this reviewResponded 28 October 2013

I apologize for any inconvenience with the elevator. With historic buildings, there is one section that would, without the extra elevator, require a short staircase to reach. We definitely try to make it as convenient as possible and have the elevator stop on both the top or bottom side of the stairs so if anyone has accessibility issues, or lots of baggage they do not have to deal with any steps at all. I know its a little bit out of the ordinary, but hopefully it made sense and ran smoothly as your stay progressed. If not, we would appreciate hearing more from you and maybe you could let us know if there is anything we could do to better explain it. We would hate for something added for convenience to be inconvenient!

Thanks for taking the time to share your feedback - we really appreciate the review!

Write a ReviewReviews (3,525)

Reviewed 24 October 2013

My husband and I have been going to New Orleans for many years. We have found a place that is in the perfect location, excellent staff and quiet!! We were on the third floor-never heard any of our neighbors or street noise!! Easy walking distance to quarter BUT not in the quarter plus very easy to get public transportation to other areas of New Orleans. Great restaurants, again within walking distance.
I recommend this hotel with no reservations and will most certainly stay here again.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the upper floors and away from elevators.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 October 2013 via mobile

Came here for 4 nights and was pleasantly surprised on how close it is to everything (french quarter, canal st, bourbon st) without being right in the centre, the hotel lobby was stunning - exposed beams, large comfy chairs (looked a bit like a turn of the century palour room - really lovely! Check in was fast. There was free fresh baked cookies on the desk that you just helped yourself to every time you passed!!! Fantastic idea!! Our room was cosy and beds very comfy. Slight gripe was noise travels from the lobby up (it's like a mezzanine up to the roof - very striking and beautiful but a touch annoying when people are sitting having either a late night drink or early brekky!!!)
Every single person I encountered was friendly and willing to help, the brekky staff excellent. The complimentary brekky was good - perhaps rather than a fruit salad with pretty much melon (which I personally hate) maybe some whole pieces - ie a banana or apple? I ended up buying my own banana and having with the yoghurt and granola (yummy) tea and coffee were available all day - another little perk!!
My only real annoyance was I pre booked a taxi for the airport ride with the guys out the front, it either never arrived or it was given to a family that were outside just before us, and the guy didn't have the booking sheet??!! so we had to wait for another one - which although didn't take too long was annoying and a bit stressful for me (I'm a worrier when I need to be places at a certain time) ...
Otherwise a great stay - concierge Dennis and batman John great guys!!! Will recommend this place and if ever back this way would stay again!!!

Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 23 October 2013

Three blocks from Bourbon St two Blocks from Mothers,trams a block away? what more do you need? excellent hotel rooms clean, staff helpful and imfomative.had a great stay and wouls stay there again,loved New Orleans and the Southern Mospitality,this hotel showed all this and more

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
mlarose9, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, New Orleans French Quarter, responded to this reviewResponded 24 October 2013

Awesome - Thanks for the great review. We really appreciate the feedback. I see it was quite a long trip, but hopefully you get to return again soon!

Reviewed 22 October 2013 via mobile

My wife and I stay here for a weekend getaway from Baton Rouge, la the hotel was nice staff was great the only bad thing was the room smelled like smoke and a refrigerator was dirty but beside that our stay was great I would recommend Country Inn to all my friends and my family

Stayed: October 2013
Reviewed 22 October 2013

My family and I stay at this location when ever we are in New Orleans. It is not fancy but clean and safe. It is centrally located close to casino and all transportation as well as an easy walk to all the local attractions.

Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 22 October 2013

I loved New Orleans. Thought it was an amazing city with so much to do, wonderful food and music. My room was clean and comfortable and the location excellent, just a walk to most places. However, I was very disappointed with my experience there. We arrived early and our rooms were not ready, so we were told to leave our luggage with the valet. This we did. I had purchased some lovely artwork in Memphis for my son. My friend had also purchased some. I attached the artwork, which was in a large plastic bag, to my suitcase. When we returned to collect our bags, the artwork was gone. The hotel did not take responsibility, said it was the valet. The valet did not take responsibility, said it was the sub-contractor. Nobody was at all concerned at the loss and, each day of my stay there, I questioned the people concerned and received negative responses. They could care less. We flew home to Australia minus the artwork and with no compensation and no apologies. A sad case of neglect.

Room Tip: Do not leave anything with the valet.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
mlarose9, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, New Orleans French Quarter, responded to this reviewResponded 31 October 2013

I sincerely apologize for the troubles that you ran into during the stay. We are definitely concerned to hear that anything happened, and even more that it wasnt handled in a way that was satisfactory. I know that our Front Office Manager has been reaching out, trying to help sort out the issues and hopefully we can find an appropriate resolution! I am glad to hear that the city and trip otherwise went well.