When picking a hotel for a weekend New Orleans trip, we spent forever on Trip Advisor reading reviews. This hotel had such excellent reviews and was in our price range, so we chose it. It seemed like it was going to be perfect. It was close, but did have some issues.
*Location. GREAT location. Not in the French Quarter, but a very short walk there. Just a couple blocks from Harrah's (and that walk is well-lit at night). Close enough to walk to the WW2 Museum as well.
*Friendly staff! Every single staff member we encountered was smiling, friendly, and greeted us. The concierge, Val, went above and beyond for us, giving us recommendations, answering lots of questions, and booking tours for us. There was a lady at the front desk who was continually helpful as well. I don't remember her name, but I do remember she was from Iran. She patiently put up with many questions and requests. We interacted with two of the valets and they were excellent and friendly as well.
*The included breakfast was much better than the continental breakfasts at most hotels. There was a large variety of items and constantly refreshed, even close to closing time! I was impressed with the taste and quality of all the food, and the hardworking staff.
*The room was small, but comfortable. Had everything we needed.
*The walls were thin. We heard our neighbors conversations very clearly.
*Our bathroom had some cleanliness issues. Nothing too bad to where we felt we needed to say anything, but I was a little grossed out.
*The water pressure wasn't too great.
*One night my husband discovered coffee available 24 hrs a day, so he got some, but it was cold. Kind of disappointing.
Overall, it is a good hotel and one of the cheapest in the location. We will return, but hope that we don't encounter some of the issues that we did this time.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Currently closed for renovation and expansion; due to reopen in late 2017. With its home-like decor and plentiful amenities, the Country Inn & Suites, New Orleans French Quarter offers comfort and convenience in the heart of downtown New Orleans. Our historic hotel is comprised of seven 19th century buildings, giving it a charming, boutique feel that artfully blends old world charm with modern comforts. Our prime location on Magazine Street near the French Quarter places our guests close to many nearby New Orleans activities and attractions, including Bourbon Street and the Convention Center. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., HRS, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, New Orleans French Quarter reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Country Inn & Suites New Orleans Hotel New Orleans
- Country Inn And Suites New Orleans
- Country Inn New Orleans
- New Orleans Country Inn