Stayed at the Country Inn & Suites New Orleans for a long weekend with my husband. We chose the hotel based on previous trip advisor reviews and also because of the price (which was very good compared to other area hotels). The location of this hotel is perfect as it's within a 5 minute walk to the French Quarter and another 5-10 minute walk to the warehouse district. The lobby and common areas (including the pool area) are lovely and really showcase the building's historical designation. The staff are extremely friendly and welcoming. We opted to pay for early check-in (recommended if you are arriving prior to 2 pm) and also to upgrade to a King suite (not necessary and I wish I hadn't done it). We had a room on the 3rd floor and all the way to the end of the hallway. It was massive, but totally unnecessary for us. We also felt the room wasn't possibly the best available as there was a very strong smell of damp when we walked in and it was located across the street from a construction site, which was very noisy (again, historical property means single paned glass windows) from 7 am - even on Saturday. The room was clean, but the damp smell was a bit overwhelming. Otherwise the bed was comfortable. The breakfast is decent and included in the rate, which was nice. Try to get there early as it gets very, very busy around 8:30-9am. We'd likely stay here again, but ask to see our room first before accepting it -- and stick with a basic queen room. Good value for money otherwise.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Currently closed for renovation and expansion; due to reopen in late 2017. With its home-like decor and plentiful amenities, the Country Inn & Suites, New Orleans French Quarter offers comfort and convenience in the heart of downtown New Orleans. Our historic hotel is comprised of seven 19th century buildings, giving it a charming, boutique feel that artfully blends old world charm with modern comforts. Our prime location on Magazine Street near the French Quarter places our guests close to many nearby New Orleans activities and attractions, including Bourbon Street and the Convention Center. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., getaroom.com, HRS, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, New Orleans French Quarter reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Country Inn & Suites New Orleans Hotel New Orleans
- Country Inn And Suites New Orleans
- Country Inn New Orleans
- New Orleans Country Inn