“Extremely satisfying experience” 5 of 5 bubbles

Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, New Orleans French Quarter
Ranked #37 of 162 Hotels in New Orleans
“Extremely satisfying experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 May 2014

Excellent stay at this hotel for 3 nights last week. Superb breakfast.

Pleasant, responsible, responsive and attentive staff.

Everything worked fine.
Room large and silent.

A pleasure!
Would definitely recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: We were in 310. Perfect.
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
mlarose9, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, New Orleans French Quarter, responded to this review, 8 May 2014
Always great to see 5 stars in every category. We know how important making the most of your vacation time is, and are always shooting to contribute whatever we can to perfect New Orleans experiences. We really appreciate you taking the time to recommend our hotel, and hope you get to return and stay with us again too!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (636)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Turkish first
Indiana
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 May 2014 via mobile

We have stayed at this hotel at least 8 times. They never disappoint. The best thing about this property is the staff. As good as the 4 Seasons. The location is convenient and will will certainly stay here on our next visit

Stayed May 2014
Thanks so much for staying with us time and time again - and for taking the time to share your review! We really appreciate knowing that we can be such a positive piece of you New Orleans experience! I will be sure to pass the kind words along to the staff. We look forward to, and hope stay number 9 comes soon!
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 May 2014

We recently returned from a 3 Night stay at this hotel. When we checked in we were advised that the suite we had reserved were all fully booked and they could only offer us a 2 bed queen room. Disappointing to say the least. We were advised that we could move to a suite for our second night which after staying in the queen room for one night we definately decided to move. The beds were too small, the fridge was noisy and kept us awake, nothing special about the room at all.

The suites are much better value at this hotel so I would strongly suggest you pay only the small difference more for a suite (if you can get it!)

Breakfast here is medioca and on the last morning must have been a timing issue but when we arrived down to breakfast there was nothing left and I mean nothing! The coffee was empty, all 4 juices in the machine were empty, no waffles or fruit and the place looked like a bomb had hit it! It shouldn't matter what time you go to breakfast the area should always be full of items on offer and clean.

If I returned to NO I wouldn't stay her again, place just ok.

Room Tip: Choose a suite only and fingers crossed you get one when you arrive!
2 Thank 23cherry
mlarose9, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, New Orleans French Quarter, responded to this review, 6 May 2014
We are sorry to hear that your stay was not the 5 star experience that we always try to provide! If you would like to contact us directly, we would be glad to further discuss the shortcomings and see if there are opportunities for us to improve and hopefully provide a perfect stay next time you travel to the area.
Milford, Connecticut
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 May 2014

I read reviews on here to help me determine the best cost for my 3 night stay. I booked on a third party website (otel.com) for less than $100/day. The lobby is beautiful, rooms were clean, the bed/pillows were great. I had room 129 on the 1st floor looking directly into the courtyard (large windows and high ceilings) lots of natural light. The room was small, but it was only for myself and my boyfriend - and was enough for the both of us. It was not that loud unless people were being loud in the hallway itself... which was infrequent. My only complaint (and the reason for the 4 star) is that most people said that this hotel was great for it's location, however I thought it was a little far from the heart of the french quarter. We spent everyday walking and at the end of the day it became daunting to walk that last 1/2 mile. It is close enough, but we happened to walk to Cafe Du Monde/Frenchmen St. area almost everyday, in addition to the entire Garden District. That being said, I recommend you rent a bicycle and do the Garden District that way. I would also try to experience the CBD a little more, since that is really where this hotel is located. Breakfast was decent. It was never really hot enough, but was usually plentiful and with a good selection. The swamp water and smooth jazz drinks they make at the bar were awful, extremely sweet. I don't recommend getting those. The AC worked great. Eric at the front desk was very helpful in trying to provide me with a great room and even at 10:30 am when I arrived. The cookies are average... I agree with another reviewer that chocolate chip would be a welcomed flavor.

Room Tip: Ask for large windows
1 Thank quinncr
Glad to hear you had a great time staying with us! While our location is just outside the French Quarter, we find that many guests prefer having a short walk to all the fun, but a quiet home base to return to. Hopefully next time you visit we can help with some recommendations for the great attractions in our neighborhood!
Ancaster, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 May 2014 via mobile

We are a family of four who booked at this hotel to enjoy all the sights, sounds and flavours of New Orleans during Jazz Fest. This place is a great find ! Friendly, helpful staff. Well maintained building close to French Quarter, and the Business District. We booked a suite and had ample room, and the little court yard pool is a godsend on a hot day. Highly recommended.

Stayed May 2014
mlarose9, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, New Orleans French Quarter, responded to this review, 5 May 2014
Thank you for the kind words! We are glad to hear we helped contribute to a great New Orleans experience! We appreciate you taking the time to recommend us to the tripadvisor community! Hopefully your travels bring you back again for Jazz Fest next year.
Jackson Heights
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 May 2014

Over the past 25 years, we have stayed in various hotels in and around the Quarter. This hotel hit the mark on location, customer service, hospitality, amenities and all around professional service. Kudos to management and personnel!

Room Tip: Architecturally beautiful and the rooms are large
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Pauly023
Thanks for taking the time to share! Its always great to hear that EVERYTHING went perfect. That is the standard that we always shoot for, and appreciate hearing that we are hitting the mark! It sounds like your travels often bring you to New Orleans - we hope to see you again soon!
Gardner, Colorado
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 April 2014

Previous reviewers have laid out all of the positives to this place. The breakfast staff do an impressive job keeping up with the demand, kudos to them. The location is ideal.

The rooms, however, are inconsistent and their policy for upgrading is murky. I made a reservation, my stay the week before Jazz Fest, about 6 weeks before visiting New Orleans. I used Club Carlson Points and selected upper floor room facing the street, which required you check a few boxes and offer to pay extra. However, you can't lock anything special in advance, which makes special room requests nearly irrelevant. This creates a bit of a letdown. For me, upon arrival I was put into a cave room on the 4th floor, which barely overlooks the alley via a tiny window. This is odd. The hotel should have renovated and installed larger windows, an expense I know, but I felt claustorphobic. Naturally I dialed the front desk and asked about my special request via their extra fee boxes I checked off when making the online reservation. I was told all those rooms, even rooms with real windows, were booked up. However, an online search twice while I was there proved such rooms were still available, at least to non-points paying guests it seemed. I was later told by management they have a glitch in their computer reservation system.

I think a bit more transparency by this hotel is in order. Be absolutely clear with guests what room they are reserving, with a layout and/or picture of it. Otherwise it feels like a 'who you know' or 'who you talk to' kind of situation.

Otherwise this hotel is ideal in many ways.

Room Tip: I wish there was a full proof way to reserve the room you want, at least with points, but I'm no...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
mlarose9, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, New Orleans French Quarter, responded to this review, 1 May 2014
Im glad that it sounds like most things went well with your stay, but disappointed that there was trouble getting you into a room that better met your special requests. I want to assure you that being a guest using points was definitely not a problem with that, as we are truly grateful for your loyalty to Carlson! We will always do our best to honor special requests for all our guests, as we want to make sure everyone has perfect New Orleans stays. Unfortunately, sometimes based on occupancy we are not always able to get them all. Hopefully next time you return to New Orleans you will give us another chance to earn 5 stars!