This is a nice hotel located in a remodeled building which formerly housed printing presses. The lobby is open and there is a pleasant little courtyard with a very small pool. Breakfast is fine. The staff is uniformly helpful. However, the concierge suggested a ghost tour (Livery) that was not very good.
We had hoped this hotel would be quiet since it is several blocks from the French Quarter. However, nearby construction started at 6 am every morning and the garbage collection was also quite early and noisy (on a Sunday!).
The sidewalk by the hotel is closed in the direction the Quarter (due to the construction), so you must cross in the middle of the block or walk in traffic, neither of which is good, as the NO drivers are a bit aggressive.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Currently closed for renovation and expansion; due to reopen in late 2017. With its home-like decor and plentiful amenities, the Country Inn & Suites, New Orleans French Quarter offers comfort and convenience in the heart of downtown New Orleans. Our historic hotel is comprised of seven 19th century buildings, giving it a charming, boutique feel that artfully blends old world charm with modern comforts. Our prime location on Magazine Street near the French Quarter places our guests close to many nearby New Orleans activities and attractions, including Bourbon Street and the Convention Center. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travel Republic (UK), Ebookers, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, New Orleans French Quarter reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Country Inn & Suites New Orleans Hotel New Orleans
- Country Inn And Suites New Orleans
- Country Inn New Orleans
- New Orleans Country Inn