The location of the hotel is great--Only 2 blocks from Canal and you can walk to just about anywhere from here. The hotel is very quaint when you walk in--the ladies working at the desk were very enthralled in a conversation when we tried to check in-- Their conversation was never paused during my check in--definitely not the customer first approach-- we had a double queen suite-- the rooms are very dated, the carpet and furniture look very worn, and the bathroom was not very clean. As you walk in to the room there is a small room with a sofa ( that makes in to a sofa bed) tv, fridge, and microwave. There is no window- so it was very dark and dingy! We had to unplug the fridge because it was making such a loud noise we thought it was going to explode at any moment. There was a desk and a chair. The bathroom was very small and the only window in the room was where the two queen beds were-- the window was approx. 2X2-- Other rooms may have had more windows. THe walls are paper thin-- I had to call the front desk twice because of the drunk women next door cackling like hyena's at 1am-- The front desk did finally send security to the room to quiet them down. We had trouble with several of the outlets in the room- Our plugs would fall right out! Not good when you are traveling with three teenagers! Breakfast was about average but the breakfast area is very tiny! People walking on top of each other. The pool area is very beautiful - but let me clarify the phrase "pool area" -- The pool can not fit more than one family of three at a time! THe room was priced ok --We make trips to New Orleans often and have found much better hotels for the same price.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- With its home-like decor and plentiful amenities, the Country Inn & Suites, New Orleans French Quarter offers comfort and convenience in the heart of downtown New Orleans. Our historic hotel is comprised of seven 19th century buildings, giving it a charming, boutique feel that artfully blends old world charm with modern comforts. Our prime location on Magazine Street near the French Quarter places our guests close to many nearby New Orleans activities and attractions, including Bourbon Street and the Convention Center. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Odigeo, Priceline, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, Cancelon, HRS and HotelQuickly so you can book your Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, New Orleans French Quarter reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Country Inn & Suites New Orleans Hotel New Orleans
- Country Inn And Suites New Orleans
- Country Inn New Orleans
- New Orleans Country Inn