“Great location and room”

Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, New Orleans French Quarter
Ranked #45 of 167 Hotels in New Orleans
Reviewed 20 July 2014

Friendly staff and decent room for what was advertised as a 3 star hotel. Walking distance to bourbon street and world war 2 museum. Just didn't have any natural light as the only windows were facing the interior of the hotel. But we didn't have a problem with that, was just odd.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
mlarose9, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, New Orleans French Quarter, responded to this reviewResponded 21 July 2014

Thanks for sharing the feedback and we are glad you had a great stay. Most rooms do have the exterior windows, but due to the historic nature of the property there are a few that were unable and instead have the interior windows that you noted. If you have a preference on future stays, definitely let us know and we will do our best to accommodate.

Reviewed 19 July 2014 via mobile

Great location to every area you want to visit. Easy walk to Bourbon, French Quarter, Cafe Du Monde, Jackson Square, St. Louis Cathedral, and casino! Friendly staff but the kind bartender John made it! What a genuine person who is so willing to share his story, New Orleans history, Katrina tragedy, and any other thing you desire to know. I would come back here just for his company and positive energy! I hope they keep him around as long as he is willing!

Stayed: July 2014

We definitely plan on keeping him around! Hopefully you can come back to New Orleans and visit with us (and him) again soon!

Reviewed 19 July 2014

Disappointed to say the least.

We arrived in New Orleans after driving through Tornado Warnings. At least we knew what we were going to.

We were excited when we arrived, it looked the same. We checked in and was given our room key as our room was ready. We were directed to the rear lifts with our large trolley of cases.

As we walked through to the room we had to climb stairs so unloaded the trolley of all the cases and then found that we were right by the main lift with no stairs in sight.

The room was lovely, in fact I am sure it was the same room as last year.

Breakfast was not as good. They kept running out of things and you had to wait ages for them to top it up and the choice was not brilliant.

We received the bill and it said nothing about the parking charges. I had in fact booked and paid for this in advance. As I had to get a trolley from the front door for our cases I checked at reception and was told that it was not included. I stated that I would get my paperwork and bring it back. I was then told by one of the bell boys that I could not take a trolley to my room as the hotel was not insured for guests to do this. As I stated I had taken one through when we arrived as no one offered assistance whatsoever.

I angrily returned to my room to collect the paperwork to prove that I had paid for the parking and took it to reception to prove that I had prepaid. With an apology I then went back to the room and had to wait for ages for a bell boy to assist me with my luggage.

Had I not queried this it would have been charged to my car on top of the fact that I had to tip twice to leave for the car valet and for the bell boy.

It took the shine off the stay, but as I said the rooms are nice.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Muke

I apologize that this stay didnt match up to the high expectations from your last. I was definitely disappointed to hear that there were some hiccups with the staff, and have already discussed your review with them to help prevent future troubles. Hopefully your travels bring you back to New Orleans and we can give you the 5 star service that you have experienced before.

Reviewed 18 July 2014

We wanted to stay somewhere close to New Orleans so we could see a little of the tourist sites before going on a cruise. This was conveniently located, just minutes from everything. The hotel was clean and comfortable with a great complimentary breakfast. The bed was very comfortable, the staff was friendly and helpful, and there was no parking fee. I would definitely recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Daina R

Thanks for the kind words! We really appreciate you sharing that you had a great stay! For the sake of transparency, I just wanted to point out that we do have valet parking at a fee that is pretty standard for the downtown area. Hopefully you get to come back and visit again soon!

Reviewed 17 July 2014

My husband and I just returned from 3 nights at this location, and had a fantastic trip. The hotel is a chain, but doesn't feel like one at all. The historic structure of the building is gorgeous, with exposed beams everywhere, and a very comfortable, airy lobby area. There are complimentary cookies and (very good, full-bodied) coffee available all day, which is great when you need to grab something on your way out the door or need a bedtime snack when coming home late. Their free breakfast is also yummy, with different hot items everyday. The room itself was clean, the bedding comfortable, and the air conditioning powerful.

The hotel is really in walking distance to pretty much everything, but far enough away from all the craziness to get some rest when necessary.

What really makes this place stand out is the staff. Every single person we had an interaction with, from the front desk personnel to the concierges to the bartender to the cleaning crew, was incredibly genuine and helpful. They were polite, yes, but also just so very warm and obviously had a great love and pride for their home city. The concierges booked a bunch of different tours at our request, all of which were really enjoyable. We both fell in love with the city and had an amazing time eating, listening to jazz, and wandering the French Quarter. We plan to return soon, and plan to stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple

We have always said the best cure for missing New Orleans is starting to plan your next trip! Thank you for all the kind words. We are excited to know we were a part of a great experience for you and hope you travels bring you back for another great time soon!

Reviewed 16 July 2014

We stayed only one night in New Orleans but the Country Inn was right in the middle of everything. The hotel is in walking distance to Harrah's, the French Quarter, Bourbon Street and the street cars. The hotel itself was very clean, the staff was very friendly and the continental breakfast had lots of variety. I would definitely recommend and we will be staying here again.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank JaxCouple2008
mlarose9, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, New Orleans French Quarter, responded to this reviewResponded 17 July 2014

Thanks for taking the time to share! We appreciate you recommending our hotel for other readers. Hopefully you get to return and stay with us again too!

Reviewed 16 July 2014

Just returning home after a 3 day stay. Had a King suite with a window. Loved the hotel- very quant with NOLa flair. Loved my suite! Bed was very comfortable and suite was very spacious. I had my 15 yr old daughter with me and we both had out private spaces. She loved the sofa bed- was very comfortable. Service was exceptional- especially by Blake Lugo. Its also in great location. This will be my "go to place" my next trip.

• Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank Cajungyp

Thanks for sharing the feedback! I am glad your daughter enjoyed the sofa sleeper. We actually upgraded all of the mattresses and have a great memory foam system in place. I know that the phrase "sofa sleeper" scares a lot of travelers, but I am confident that they are a comfortable offering here!