Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, New Orleans French Quarter
Ranked #40 of 166 Hotels in New Orleans
Reviewed 4 September 2014

Stayed four nights at the end of August. Rooms are clean ,spacious and hotel is near to most attractions,the hotel is housed in a 19th-century building with old world architecture and charming details, All the staff are great and work hard to help you ,especially the concierge. There are two of them and they're both fantastic.

The WiFi is free and very reliable and fast . I think they have an access point in each room.
The free breakfast is adequate to keep you going . I recommend not getting a car while in N.O. ,the best way to see the city is by walking and most hotels charge $30 a night for parking. There is reliable street car and bus service if you need to go a little further.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
Mike-Larose, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, New Orleans French Quarter, responded to this reviewResponded 5 September 2014

Thanks for taking the time to share! We appreciate the kind words. I will be sure to share with the concierge team that they helped you have a great New Orleans experience while staying with us. We hope you get to come back again soon.

Write a ReviewReviews (3,525)

Reviewed 4 September 2014

At checked in I encountered a front desk staff named Sabrina. She was not greeting me yet she seems to be unhappy that she's there working that day. This was 1pm, when i asked if I could checkin early? She bluntly replied: check in is at 4pm! We will charge you additional $25 if you check in before 4!!! It's not about the money but the body language and attitude that I received that made me very uncomfortable and felt like I am stupid :( I normally stays frequently at marriott hotel chains (and a elite member) and I guess I'm spoiled with their excellent service that I was never been treated like she treated me unprofessionally.
I left for an hour and returned at the front desk when I encountered a very nice gentleman named Jonathan that saved my long day of driving. Jonathan was very professional and very pleasant to communicate with. He was understanding and apologitic on behalf of his co-worker since I told him that I was rudely treated by Sabrina. He got me into a room immediately without any drama... Most of all without bad attitude! Thank you, Jonathan for your excellent service! Your great professionalism and personable attitude makes up the other negative people that works there (which they shouldn't be there working at all!)
It's such a beautiful and clean property!

• Stayed: September 2014
Reviewed 3 September 2014

We stayed here over the labor day weekend. The hotel is on Magazine street about two blocks from Canal St and french quarter. Everyone in the staff, right from the valet, concierge, front desk, and breakfast room folks are wonderful, and always eager to help. The hotel is apparently a renovated 1860's warehouse/mill and it has maintained that character. Its almost like you are stepping back into the history. I would have given 5* rating, but this being a perfect hotel in all the other aspects, breakfast was a standard country inn fare. Though hotel tries to overcome this limitation by offering discount coupons to someother breakfast places, having one or two local items in house would have gone a long way and would have completed the NOLA experience.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
Mike-Larose, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, New Orleans French Quarter, responded to this reviewResponded 4 September 2014

Thanks for the kind words - I appreciate you taking the time to share. We definitely want to create a unique New Orleans memories for our guests, and are glad we could be part of yours.

Reviewed 2 September 2014

Beautifully remodeled property in the Warehouse district a few blocks from the french quarter. Their architect did an outstanding job. I love old buildings and it really adds to your experience when coming to New Orleans. The bathroom is top notch. The swimming pool area is lovely. Eddie the Concierge was very helpful with lots of suggestions for enjoying the nightlife. We received courtesy calls from the front desk to make sure we were comfortable during our stay, which was very nice.

I'd recommend to the hotel that they remove the huge towel basket on wheels and one of the exercise machines in the gym, and add some floor mats. It was difficult to do any warm ups with so little floor space in the room. Also recommend removing some furniture in the small bedrooms. The huge 6 drawer dresser is unneccesary as nobody unpacks. An electronic device charger would be a nice feature to add. Also add an envelope for tipping the housekeeping staff. They do an awesome job. Your people make all the difference at a hotel.

Room Tip: Be sure to ask for a room above the first floor and far from the elevators.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank DebbieRivero
Mike-Larose, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, New Orleans French Quarter, responded to this reviewResponded 3 September 2014

Debbie - Thanks for the kind words, and the suggestions on how to make stays even more enjoyable. I will definitely be reviewing the ideas and seeing if there are some opportunities to tweak things a little bit. I will be sure to let the team here know that they were a part of your great New Orleans experience.

Reviewed 2 September 2014

A great weekend was planned. Unfortunately, after it rained, my wife slipped and fell. She broke her left wrist (cast past her elbow) and she broke her right elbow. On the day we left, we called the front desk and requested a 45 minute extension for the room. So my wife could wait in room for our shuttle to the airport instead of having to sit in the lobby. We were told that anything more than 30 minutes and there would be a fee added to our bill. REALLY? What is 15 minutes to the hotel anyway? We are talking about a woman in a cast on her left arm and her right arm in a sling! Customer care needs to be an issue in employee training.

Mike H.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Mike H

I am sorry to hear that you did not receive the 5 star service that we pride ourselves on. I will definitely check in with the Front Desk team to make sure that they are staying proactive in finding solutions to guest needs. I hope that when you return to New Orleans you can give us another shot at giving you a great experience.

Reviewed 2 September 2014

This country inn and suites is in a great location close to everything close to the French Quarter and surrounding areas. Rooms a bit small, but service is good. Overall, the value is good for the timing of the trip and location. The hotel offers off site valet service which is a good thing in the area.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled solo

Glad you had a good stay with us! We hope you return again soon and we can make it a great one!

Reviewed 2 September 2014

Just got home from a wonderful trip to my favorite city, New Orleans. We have stayed at the County Inn and Suites the past 5 times we have come and have never been disappointed. Hotel is in walking distance to wherever you want to go - our suite looked out over Magazine street for people watching - bed was so comfy (what little time we spent in it!) Staff from housekeeping, valet, bar to front desk and concierge were terrific! Made us feel right at home. I love the old feel of this hotel and can't wait to go back. Thanks you for a great stay.

Room Tip: ask for a room facing Magazine street - & upgrade to a suite - they are so worth it plus loved t...
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank patricia d

Thanks for staying with us - again and again! We are thrilled to be a part of your New Orleans memories and hope to continue to be in the future. We look forward to seeing you for visit number six!