“Very charming with a great value & location!”

Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, New Orleans French Quarter
Ranked #43 of 166 Hotels in New Orleans
Reviewed 13 May 2009

We chose this place to stay in / near the French Quarter after reading some great reviews on it and we can't help but agree with them! We ended up staying there for less than $99 per night for 3 days before we left on a cruise. At the end of our trip, we -without a doubt- thought our 3 days in New Orleans was the best part!! This hotel is not technically in the French Quarter, but is only a block or so away. We walked EVERYWHERE, and being a self-proclaimed complainer, I'm telling you it wasn't bad at all =) Unfortunately we did not have the opportunity to utilize much of the hotel's amenities, but the services we did use were great (very cleanly, complimentary breakfast was ok, front desk was very accommodating in our room requests, they serve cookies upon your check-in). Overall, this hotel is very charming and highly recommended (especially for the price!) in my opinion.

• Stayed: January 2009, travelled as a couple
4  Thank sarahnolan29

Reviewed 10 May 2009

I thoroughly enjoyed this hotel. It was right off the main street and still quiet enough to enjoy a good nights rest. The staff was extremely helpful with reservations for local tours. The place was clean and the breakfast was more than what was expected. Fresh and hot. I would go back again and again!

• Stayed: January 2008, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
2  Thank dmidmi54
Reviewed 5 May 2009

My wife and I stayed here with 2 other couples for 3 nights during first weekend of Jazzfest 2009 and we had a nice stay. This was our 2nd time staying here so we knew what to expect. Check in was easy and they honored my request for room and location in the front of the hotel. The suites here have very high ceilings with corresponding windows...nice view. The staff was incredibly helpful and friendly and the location on Magazine is perfect for us since it is close the FQ but far enough away to avoid the crazy crowd. The breakfast area was overwhelmed at peak times since the hotel was filled but they did their best. The only negative is that our party of six had a bad experience with John the bartender...he was very rude and sarcastic to a friend of ours....really out of place and hard to believe but I saw it myself. If it had been me, I would have made a big deal about it with management since it was so rude but my friend simply ignored it and we did not use the small hotel bar from that point forward. Overall I like this hotel and it's location and I would return again.

3  Thank jck
Reviewed 4 May 2009

Wife was in New Orleans last May for a conference and wanted me to go see it. Friends were going in July 2009 so we made arrangements to meet them for half of the week they were there. Booked this hotel for a good price and seemed near Bourbon Street. It was quite simply perfect for us ... a couple blocks to Canal Street and a couple more to Bourbon all in a livele and safe walking area. We also walked to the river and casion comfortably. Great breakfast bar/buffet included in the hotel price and good to soak up the prior nights alcohol. Service was wonderful and the littel hotel bar was nice. It was very relaxing to come back to after a loud night on Bourbon Street. The price for the quality can not be beat. You can pay a lot more to stay on Bourbon Street but why?

We had options of where to stay on Canal (Marriot or Sheraton) for my wife's conference in June this year and thankfully knew that this littel gem of a hotel was right around the corner from those two conference hotels .... paid a bunch less and know exactly what a great deal we will be getting.

• Stayed: May 2009, travelled as a couple
3  Thank TopekaTravelers
Reviewed 2 May 2009

My friends and I were doing a "go right back" trip to NO after first visiting in 2008 and loving it. We were coming back for the food (yeah crawfish Po-Boys at Johnny's Hole in the Wall) and the music (yes, go to The Funky Pirate). Oh and we wanted to catch a bit of Jazzfest. We chose the Country Inn and Suites for convenient access to everything...walking to the French Q; Mother's right around the street; St. Charles Street Car right there...Harrah's two blocks out the door. We had a lovely week. The suite was generous and the beds were pillow-topped and comfy. We were on ground floor on Magazine Street so there was some street noise but not as much as you'd expect. The little courtyard with pool was an oasis. I enjoyed seeing the lizards darting amongst the potted palm and azalea plants. It was great to have coffee and waffles and yogurt and sweetrolls and all this stuff available early in the am that you couldn't really ingest realistically after a night on Bourbon Street. But that's the convenience part. All in all highly recommended. I look forward to our return.

• Stayed: April 2009, travelled with friends
2  Thank Snausage7
Reviewed 25 April 2009

We stayed at the Country Inn and Suites for 6 nights. The hotel is located within walking distance to the French Quarter, the WWII museum, and the Aquarium. When we went out at night, we never felt unsafe in the Magazine St. neighbourhood. The hotel offers a decent complimentary continental breakfast from 6 am to 9 am. It even has a small bar in the lobby which offers happy hour drinks from 5 pm to 7 pm. We were also able to utilize their small, but adequate fitness centre. As for cleanliness, no complaints whatsoever. The hotel lobby and elevators were always clean. Our room was cleaned on a daily basis. The room that we got was a standard room with a double bed and it was perfect for two people. The rooms even have cable tv! I highly recommend this hotel and when I come back to New Orleans, I will definitely be staying at the Country Inn.

2  Thank andrez
Reviewed 24 April 2009

I can't say enough about this hotel. The staff was friendly, the room was nice and it was within walking distance of everything we wanted to see in the French Quarter.
The staff helped us with directions and tours and there were complimentary cookies at the front desk. Yummy!
The room was clean and very nice AND there were ceramic coffee mugs next to the coffee pot in our room. This was especially nice. I hate those little styrofoam cups.
This hotel believes in going green and I really appreciate that.

1  Thank Brenda A