My 17-year-old daughter and I traveled to New Orleans for a family event at Loyola University. For $955, we had a Hotwire.com package for RT airfare from Dulles Intl. Airport and five nights at the hotel. Country Inn & Suites New Orleans is at the intersection of Canal and Magazine (where it turns into Decatur), so it is a very short walk to everything the French Quarter and Riverwalk areas have to offer. Plus, it is just one block to the St. Charles and Canal streetcars, and you can catch the Magazine St. bus to and from Audubon Zoo. The hotel is homey and clean; staff are very hospitable. There's a small bar and lounge in the lobby, free cookies, a concierge, a small pool, and a courtyard garden with a smoking area. There's complimentary hot coffee and breakfast every morning. Valet at the front door, luggage storage upon arrival or departure. Airport Shuttle offers exceptional, prompt door-to-door service for $40/person RT so you don't need a car. This is a great hotel for families and people who want convenience but don't want to spend hundreds a night. Be sure to visit the Aquarium, IMAX, and Insectarium, and Preservation Hall. The Creole Queen jazz dinner cruise was just so-so; fun to be on the boat, but the food and music were just average, plus the seating isn't intimate (you'll share a table with other parties) and the whole thing is on the expensive side ($60 per person). I'd recommend spending the money at a good restaurant and taking a cheaper river cruise earlier in the day. Mother's restaurant is just around the corner! Great po-boys and fun atmosphere.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Currently closed for renovation and expansion; due to reopen in late 2017. With its home-like decor and plentiful amenities, the Country Inn & Suites, New Orleans French Quarter offers comfort and convenience in the heart of downtown New Orleans. Our historic hotel is comprised of seven 19th century buildings, giving it a charming, boutique feel that artfully blends old world charm with modern comforts. Our prime location on Magazine Street near the French Quarter places our guests close to many nearby New Orleans activities and attractions, including Bourbon Street and the Convention Center. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travel Republic (UK), Ebookers, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, 5viajes2012 S.L., getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, New Orleans French Quarter reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Country Inn & Suites New Orleans Hotel New Orleans
- Country Inn And Suites New Orleans
- Country Inn New Orleans
- New Orleans Country Inn