“Comfortable hotel in a convenient location”

The Eliza Jane New Orleans - in the Unbound Collection by Hyatt
Ranked #39 of 167 Hotels in New Orleans
Reviewed 4 December 2010

I recently stayed at this hotel for a mix of business and pleasure, and really enjoyed it. The hotel is clean, has excellent free wireless access, and great customer service. In addition, it has one of the best free breakfasts that I've experienced; it always included the usual items but also a hot item (sausage, eggs, etc) as well as yogurt and fruit and a Belgium waffle bar. I initially was concerned with this location since it is on a side street, but I felt very safe and convenient to my destinations (Riverwalk, casino, French Quarter). It was quiet, too. The bed was very comfortable, and the bath products were of good quality. The free cookies at the reservation desk in the afternoons were a nice find also. I would definitely stay here again if I am ever in the area.

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled on business
1  Thank 1NCgal
lcamp4, Manager at The Eliza Jane New Orleans - in the Unbound Collection by Hyatt, responded to this reviewResponded 7 December 2010

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about the Country Inn & Suites New Orleans French Quarter. It's great to share with our staff and makes us proud when we know we have succeeded in making your stay enjoyable. We look forward to you staying with us again. Happy Holidays.
Lisa
Sales Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (3,525)

Reviewed 4 December 2010

All I can say is Fantastic! I always recommend this hotel and would go back anytime!

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled as a couple

We really appreciate you for taking the time to post a review. Thank you for recommending us to your family and friends. We look forward to you staying with us again on your next visit to New Orleans. Happy Holidays.
Lisa Camp
Sales Manager

Reviewed 23 November 2010

I've stayed at the Country Inn & Suites a number of times now when visiting New Orleans for work, and have been continually impressed with what you get for the money. Good location, agreeable staff, interesting rooms, with some history to the building. It's not likely to compete with the upscale hotels in terms of service, amenities, or overall quality, but it's far above what I would expect for a Country Inn or other hotel in this class. Since my last stay I've recommended it to a number of colleagues, all of whom have been happy.

It's in a great spot,:across from Cuvee Restaurant, within walking distance of Bourbon Street but far enough away to be able to effectively escape the debauchery & noise. Rooms can sometimes be small, but I appreciate the unique character they've been able to bring to each one.

Pool is very small; small enough to feel crowded if another family is in with you.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled on business
lcamp4, Sales Manager at The Eliza Jane New Orleans - in the Unbound Collection by Hyatt, responded to this reviewResponded 7 December 2010

Thank you for taking the time to post a review. We certainly appreciate your patronage and your wonderful comments. We take pride in making each guest stay a great one. Thank you for recommending us to your colleagues. We look forward to you staying with us again on your next visit to New Orleans. Happy holidays.

Reviewed 18 November 2010

I stayed here for several days in November while at a conference. The hotel is as everyone says - quite nice, clean, good value, great location. It's not high end, but it's more than acceptable and has everything you need. It's new and the decor is in fine shape. Internet is free - a big plus. The breakfast is just okay, but that's to be expected. There are a few coffee shops in the area I'd recommend instead including Community Coffee House. Overall, it's a good deal.

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled on business
2  Thank sophieboston

Thank you for staying with us while you were in New Orleans in November, we appreciate your review. It is a pleasure knowing that you enjoyed your stay. We look forward to you staying with us again in the near future. Happy Holidays.

Reviewed 28 October 2010

We booked airline and hotel package for 3 nights through TripAdvisor and were very happy with the experience. The hotel is a couple blocks off Canal Street and from the edge of the French Quarter. It's convenient for walking to the French Quarter, Harrah's, the Convention Center, RiverWalk, the trolley lines, etc. I had hoped my walking would walk off the food, but NO SUCH LUCK! But, if you don't want to walk or can't I'd say it may not be the best location. Our room was "standard" and on the bottom floor with a non view of the parking lot and cars. It wasn't too big, but it had a really great bed, a desk, chair, suitcase stand and adequate bathroom. We had to keep the drapes closed for privacy, but since we weren't in our room often, it didn't matter. It was quiet. Our TV was not flat screen. They had wireless internet, but slow. The pool at the hotel is very small- heated I think, but more the size of a large soaking spa with no jets. It is in a small, lovely, charming courtyard with little chairs and tables. The free breakfast is good. There is a lounge area with a bar and tables, as well as a sitting room with fireplace. Very pleasant. Criticism: We arrived at 4:30pm- well after check in, and our room was not ready. They were very nice and asked us to wait 15-30 minutes, but not even a free drink at the bar!! I imagine there are better rooms than ours, but we did feel that we had a deal and again, didn't really care it was so small. New Orleans is a great place to visit, even if you don't want to imbibe. Little jazz shows, food, charming neighborhoods and moving stories about Katrina made it a memorable trip.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 27 October 2010

You really can't beat the location of this hotel. It's close enough to walk to the French Quarter, Harrah's, and the Superdome., yet far enough away from the noise. We were really quite pleased with this place and all of the staff were extremely friendly. We did return to our room one day at 3:30 p.m. to discover it had not been made up yet. I made a call to Robert at the front desk and he immediately alerted housekeeping......the room was ready in less than 30 minutes! Oh...I almost forgot to mention......the beds are incredibly comfortable!

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank MSquared007
Reviewed 21 October 2010

All the great things one reads about this hotel are true! Great staff, location, and value.
We would stay here again.

Yet, during our stay in October, we found bed bugs. The staff was accommodating, moved us to a bug free room... following instructions found on line, we were pleased a thorough inspection found the room to be bed bug free. While not everyone reacts to bed bug bites, by husband is highly sensitive. He had no problems in the new room.

I've learned the incidence of hotel bed bugs in this country is increasingly common and probably under reported. For me, awareness, inquires and inspections are the new "Normal" ... allowing me to avoid the polar extremes of naivety and panic. I recommend this article from the Wall Street Journal, "Road Warriors vs. the Bed Bug"

From the article:
Before booking, ask the hotel about its procedure for dealing with bedbugs.

Says Mr. Harrison: "I don't think there is anything wrong with asking 'What program do you have for bedbugs?' when you make your reservation."

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled on business
1  Thank Debby007
Management response:Responded 4 November 2010

Thank you for alerting us of the bed bugs in your room. Bed bugs are a problem in nearly all major cities and are not an indication of an unclean hotel. In fact, it is not uncommon to even find bed bugs in fine 4 and 5 star properties. They are carried in by guest luggage typically from airplanes or carried from hotel to hotel via luggage. Our staff are highly trained to look for these and any other bugs common with hotel rooms. Fortunately, we have had only two or three cases of them in an isolated guestroom over the past 5 years the hotel has been open. If found, we strictly follow all instructed methods to rid the room of them. The room you had was treated and numerous guests have stayed in that room with no further problems. Unfortunately, with the resurgence of these bugs in the United States over the past few years and the extra media attention this has gotten recently, many guests are concerned about the bugs and rightfully so. However, there has been numerous reports that these bugs carry no disease. Again, thank you for alerting us and please know we have removed them from the room.