“A great find after much searching.”

Lions Inn Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #49 of 139 New Orleans B&B and Inns
Ann Arbor, Michigan
“A great find after much searching.”
Reviewed 23 May 2012

After reviewing many bed and breakfast establishments on the web, I was so relieved to find Lions Inn. While I knew I wouldn't be in the room a lot, I can't handle the over the top decor so many other places had. Lions Inn provided tastefully simple decor, an absolutely stunning pool and pond area and top notch hospitality, The location is the best of both worlds: close enough to experience the action and far enough away to leave it behind. I booked the Sun Room and the only minor inconvenience was: the patio table where most guests eat breakfast was right outside the door. Just due to the proximity of the patio and the fact that I am a light sleeper, the noise level in the morning woke me a bit earlier than I had wanted. Next time, and there certainly will be a next time, I'll bring earplugs or pick a different room.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (59)
raymondville mo
Reviewed 12 May 2012

The experience with Floyd was due to another property that he manages. The place had bugs that showed up the first night we stayed there.. The next morning around 10am I went over and discussed it with him.. Told him i would pay for the second night so i could leave my stuff there and not have to leave it in the car in the middle of new orleans i did not under any circumstances want to be in that place for three nights I just felt after driving from missouri i wanted to atleast experience a part of missouri.... He was fine with this .So I had paid 165 over the phone and gave him 215 cash for the cleaning fee and second night rent. Total of 380. I told him i didnt know if we would actually stay there or not because the bug really freaked me out... Well we went on our way to site see and about 6ish we returned and we were planning our night activities... Floyd called and said if we didnt leave right away that he would charge my card with or without my permission for the third night. I told him that i didnt feel this was right.. He accused me of planting the bugs... threatened to run my card without my permission due to the cancellation policy of course there no mention in that policy about being mislead about the property and called me names like a con artist. We ended up having to leave and pay to stay somewhere else... So he took my 380 and we were in there less than 24 hours and we did not plant bugs.. i was on my honeymoon for goodness sakes!!!

It doesnt matter to me where you stay. I just want you to know that if you are willing to take a chance of being with big roaches and if you want to take a chance of threats of false charges to your card. And a chance of being that close to the french quarters without a place to stay... this is the place to go. I wish ya better luck than we had...

im sure he has his reasons but is it worth chancing it on your vacation?

Room Tip: anywhere away from floyd
Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
10 Thank shalena p
Columbus, Ohio
Reviewed 11 May 2012

Stayed at Lions Inn for 3 nights in early May with my gf and father and we all just loved it. The inn is in a great location, being close to Frenchman and the quarter but not TOO close, with plenty of cafes and restaurants nearby. The affable host, Floyd, is great to talk to and has an abundance of info on NO and great stories, to boot. For those looking for a mother hen, Floyd isn't that; if you need something, just ask, but he won't follow you around asking if you're OK every five seconds, either(thank goodness).
As others have said, the courtyard is peaceful and beautiful, and the wine and cheese hour is a great time to rise after a bit of a siesta and chit chat with guests from all over the world. Oh, and the pool/hot tub is wonderful in the evenings after a day of running around.

We will be back to stay with Floyd!

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank poeticchampion
Deux-Montagnes, Canada
Reviewed 7 May 2012 via mobile

Backayard really great : inground pool, small pound with red fishes and plants, rock paveways with zen corner, happy hour from 5pm till 6pm with wine and cheese served to guests, simply perfect! The garden vegetation is tropical with a huge amount of flowers.

The cleaness of the rooms is impeccable and the every details is there.

• Stayed May 2012
Chicago
Reviewed 17 April 2012

New Orleans is one of our favorite cities, and the Lions Inn makes it even better! Floyd, the owner and proprietor, and his staff are gracious and helpful. The inn is lovely, the rooms are nice and the pool and gardens are green and luscious. It's in a great location - close enough to walk to the Quarter, but in a friendly, quiet neighborhood. One of our family came down with a respiratory infection, and they took good care of her with trips to a nearby Walgreen's for remedies. Some of the other guests were repeat customers, and I can see why!

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Sonya B
Tralee
Reviewed 12 April 2012

On my second, extended visit to New Orleans I returned to the Lions Inn and once again had peaceful sleep and a most relaxing time in excellent surroundings. Their accommodation is clean and comfortable, the breakfast is hearty and convivial with other guests and the standard of service from Floyd McLamb and his staff is very high. Rooms have all facilities, but if you have particular needs or require information on local activities and attractions, Floyd is always on hand to oblige. Otherwise you are left in peace to enjoy the lovely pool, the garden and the great neighbourhood. Close to Frenchmen Street and the French Quarter, yet away from the hustle and bustle, it really is an oasis of calm and serenity to return to and enjoy. Rooms are very fairly priced and I will certainly be staying there again (travelling from Ireland). Locally, I recommend you visit the Healing Centre, Maurepas Foods (great cocktails!), Elizabeths (great dinner), Schiros (authentic curry) and Dr. Bobs (folk art). I have fallen in love with New Orleans (who wouldn't!) and I can say with certainty that my two stays at the Lions Inn contributed immensely to my enjoyment of vacations there.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled solo
3 Thank bruinTralee
Pittsburgh, PA
Reviewed 10 April 2012

Everything about this B&B is lovely. The rooms (our group was in 1, A, B, and D) were cozy and comfortable. Room A, in particular, was much bigger then it appeared in the pictures on the website.

The hosts were sweet and accommodating, the patio and pool area a welcome respite on the warm afternoons.

I have nothing negative to say about our stay, at all!

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with friends