“Even special Needs will be fulfilled”

Lions Inn Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #34 of 138 New Orleans B&B and Inns
Vienna, Austria
“Even special Needs will be fulfilled”
Reviewed 1 November 2013

I agree with the other, very positive reviews! It is a safe, nice, comfortable, friendly, perfect place - and the garden with pool and Jacuzzi is a Little paradise in New Orleans! I recommend to everybody to go there. Since I needed glutenfree bread I asked for it - the next day I got three sorts (!!) for reasons of variety :-)

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Margit S

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (59)
Oneonta, New York
Reviewed 21 October 2013

We wanted to be outside the French Quarter, but near enough to walk. This was really great value. We had rooms B,C, & D, taking over the 2nd floor, which worked well for our group. The place is very low-key and laid-back. The neighborhood is quiet and comfortable. We would go out for the day, regroup at 5 for wine and cheese, a swim and interesting chats with fellow travelers, then go out for dinner, drinks and music on Frenchmen Street for the evening. We would definitely return.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Dennisec3
Lahaina, Hawaii
Reviewed 19 October 2013

A very reasonably price B&B. Room had everything I needed (room B) and sharing the bathroom was not a problem, especially as there was a door to it inside my room, so once I locked the hall door it was almost en-suite! Ed is the perfect host, and the free cheese and wine hour was a great way to talk to fellow travelers. Walking distance to most places. Beware the taxi drivers.......as in most tourist places they are ready to rip you off! Streetcar is 2 blocks away at the end of the French Market and $3 will get you a pass to use all day, including the St. Charles streetcar.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed 16 October 2013

We're not B&B people, so we really appreciated the owner's quieter style. There's a little chit chat with breakfast and the wine and cheese hour, but if you want to be on your own you can. The garden and pool area is awesome and provides a good break from the craziness outside. This is a great spot if you're good with walking - the French Quarter isn't far and if you're into the hipper Frenchman or St Claude those are right there.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Boerne, Texas, United States
Reviewed 16 October 2013

We stayed in room C with 2 double beds because I wanted a private bath. It was on the 2nd floor of the residence. It was very roomy and a large bathroom area as well.
I really enjoyed the back yard due to all the foliage. It also had a pool, hot tub, and a pond with a bench to sit and relax. Breakfast was simple but a nice touch, bagels, toast, fruit, oatmeal, coffee and juice. There was also a wine/cheese hour from 5-6 pm. Which was a great time to mingle with the other guests. There were guests from Australia and Hawaii.
Only thing is that if you are a light sleeper I would suggest a different room because you are above the main residence so you hear the doorbells and phone ringing. This was not a problem for me but if this is for you I would suggest a room in the house next door.
Another good note... we were a couple blocks from the streetcar on the riverfront. Look at the map because it is kinda hidden.
All in all we had a great time and would stay again.

Room Tip: Look to get a room in the home next to main residence if you are a light sleeper. We had room C whic...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Michelle D
Nashville, Tennessee
Reviewed 2 October 2013

I came to Nawlins for a birthday get-a-way, and booked this BB the night before. What attracted me to this BB was that it had a budget-friendly room for the average passerby, which was me and that was for only $60. Surprisingly when I got checked in and was shown my room, I was upgraded to the room across the hall which was bigger and more space. That was an automatic plus. I had no problems with the proprietor as many have after reading several of the poor reviews. He helped me by allowing me to print off my tickets for the football game. The pool and hot tub were cool although I didn't use either because I was out on the town, I would've loved to, maybe next time. The location isn't PERFECT, due to parking and the 15-20 minute walk to the quarter, which I'm not complaining, but the location is ok. Overall I give this place a solid B. I wouldn't mind returning in the near future.

Room Tip: All upstairs rooms have to share a bathroom.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled solo
Covington, Kentucky, United States
Reviewed 1 October 2013

My sisters and several other friends and family stayed for a long weekend at the Lions Inn B&B, and it was terrific. Rooms were lovely, the pool was great, and the wine and cheese (and soft drinks) in the evenings was a nice break in the day. As some have noted, the food was not fancy (no beignets, chicory coffee, omelets, quiches, etc.), but that worked well for the group.
Chatres Street is a great location, we walked into the French Quarter and back a couple of times a day, including after dark, with no concerns.
It was a great value for our group. Thanks!

Room Tip: Whichever room you're in, keep the AC on and the door closed if it's warm outside.
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with family