Lions Inn Bed & Breakfast
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Breakfast included
Hotel de la Monnaie(New Orleans)
View Hotel
The Frenchmen Hotel(New Orleans)
  • Breakfast included
Marigny Guest House(New Orleans)
View Hotel
Lamothe House Hotel(New Orleans)
Soniat House(New Orleans)
  • Bar/Lounge
Hotel Provincial(New Orleans)
View Hotel
Inn on Ursulines(New Orleans)
View Hotel
All reviewshot tubb bfun neighborhoodfrench quarterfrenchman streetshared bathroommarigny districtswimming poolfew blockssafe neighborhoodhome away from homenice poola great place to staymardi grasan easy walkdefinitely stay here againnola
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 16 July 2009

Met up with a good friend who's birthday is a week before mine (we usually get together in early July each year to celebrate) with a few other friends. This year, we chose the Lions Inn B&B in New Orleans (my home town, I'm in Pensacola these days, Scott is in Dallas) ... totally charming, totally relaxing (pool & hot tub), close to everything we needed (bars, restaurants within walking distance or a short cab ride). Terrific service from Floyd. Got to meet some other guests, too. Great selection of rooms and rates ... looking forward to staying there again, soon.
Phil M.

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled with friends
Reviewed 2 July 2009

My son and I slithered away for a 6 day escape to NOLA at the Lion's Inn. Who could ask for anything more with Floyd and Stewart's warmth and down home hospitality? Their tone set the scene for relaxation at poolside as well as fun filled conversations at their evening wine and cheese gatherings. We made new friends and shall return again next year.

• Stayed: April 2009, travelled with friends
Reviewed 28 June 2009

I've selected the Lion's Inn after staying at almost all of the guest houses in New Orleans to provide me with relaxation, highly-positive energy, friends, and great location. As I read all of the Lion's Inn reviews, I cannot imagine a negative review. The neighborhood is an inviting and safe one, the house is homey, and the host, Floyd, is accomodating and smart! Floyd is a unique find in New Orleans, someone who instinctively uses empathy to discern his visitors' needs, provide options, and remains both vigilant and unobtrusive! This is my second trip where I am treated to great Chinese food--at no cost to me! His gardens are absolutely-perfect, and he does not spare expense to keep his facility in tip-top shape! Floyd even arranges monthly massages for me from a superior therapist! This last 90-minute Thai massage was just what the doctor ordered! BRAVO, Floyd!

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled solo
Reviewed 28 June 2009

After having completed one of my several visits to the Lions Inn, I must say that there has not been an occasion in which I have not thoroughly enjoyed my stay. The combination of the friendly owner Floyd, the charming rooms, the tropical swimming pool area, and the great location all serve to provide an ambience that could put a smile on any traveler's face. The owner has always been very helpful in terms of providing advice or opinions on places to eat or things to see and do, and for those who care to engage him, he has both the intellect and the wit to keep you interested in having some good conversation. The rooms are furnished nicely and are always comfortable. One of my favorite parts of the Lions Inn is the swimming pool, which is surrounded by tropical vegetation that serves not only to add beauty to the area but also helps to give guests some privacy in the pool area. Lions Inn is located in an area that is convenient to walking up to the French Quarter or walking to one of the local restaurants. I have never felt threatened or unsafe in the area. So, if you're planning a trip to New Orleans, you won't want to miss the Lions Inn!

• Stayed: May 2009, travelled solo
1  Thank AndyinDecatur
Reviewed 29 May 2009

We were concerned with the location of the inn and felt unwelcome by the innkeeper. It is not a neighborhood where we felt comfortable parking our car on the street and walking our dog after dark. To my request for information about where to go in the French Quarter, the innkeeper simply provided a map and general directions and advised us to take a cab after dark. While I appreciated his candidness, I felt let down by his lack of the interest that I expect from an innkeeper. After all, that is one of the reasons we seek out B&B's instead of corporate hotels. We felt that our presence was burdensome because we were keeping him from his own party, which occupied the patio and pool and precluded our use of them. When we expressed our misgivings about the neighborhood, he was not respectful of our objections and refused to refund our deposit. He was unreasonable to speak with on a follow-up call and said unkind things to me. Refund or no, I'm glad that we followed our instincts and stayed elsewhere.

• Stayed: May 2009, travelled as a couple