“Jazz fest”

Holiday Inn Express New Orleans East
Ranked #130 of 167 Hotels in New Orleans
Reviewed 28 April 2014

Stayed here last year for jazz fest great front desk crew,room clean and comfortable,convenient to highway, coming back the breakfast was great looking forward to staying again staff was friendly and polite

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank matterol
Karayan W, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express New Orleans East, responded to this reviewResponded 25 July 2014

Dear Matterol,

Thank you for completing the survey of your time with us. We appreciate you staying with us for the second year during Jazzfest. All of the complimets will be passed on to the staff. See you for Jazzfest 2015!

Reviewed 6 April 2014 via mobile

Front desk employees wee rude except for front desk employee Kia. Got in New Orleans at 1:00 and tried to get room, dude said my room wasn't ready and that "all rooms were dirty". A/C was broke, Kia worked on it but it never got cold. Reported it again at check out and the lady just looked at me and never acknowledged my complaint. Breakfast was very good. Staying away from Holiday Inn Express for awhile.
Kia was extremely nice. They should let her train the other front desk employees!

Stayed: April 2014
3  Thank r2ellis
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express New Orleans East, responded to this reviewResponded 24 April 2014

Dear r2ellis,

Thank you for taking the time to review our property. I’m very disappointed to hear about your experience on your recent stay. We have sent you a private message addressing your concerns. I trust we can regain your confidence in our products and services.

Dhan M
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed 5 April 2014 via mobile

My husband and I were really impressed with our room. Our king suite was more like a condo than a hotel room. It was clean and comfortable. My only complaint was we could hear our neighbors early on in the night, but they weren't loud enough to bother us. We would definitely stay here again.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
4  Thank JCDunnigan
Reviewed 30 March 2014

We have stayed with Holiday Inn before and you can't go wrong with them no matter what state you are in. This one is east of the French Quarter right off of I 10. Staff was extremely nice and accommodating. We will definitely stay here again. It is in a quiet area and only 15 minutes from the Quarter and downtown. The rooms were clean and a nice size. Oh and there is a hot breakfast offered each morning. It consist of eggs, sausage, pancakes, cinnamon rolls, cereal, grits, yogurt, juice, coffee. Can't go wrong with this hotel!!!!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
5  Thank Tiffany C
Reviewed 23 March 2014

My husband and I booked a last minute trip to New Orleans. I went online and quickly booked a hotel. I was supposed to be booking in Downtown NO. However I booked this hotel instead. I should have realized my mistake by how cheap it was-but I was rushing. The staff was so friendly and helpful. There is a bus in front that will take you to Canal St. You can get a day pass for $3 and you can use it for the Street cars. It takes about 30 minutes to go back and forth but it goes through beautiful neighborhoods so you see another side of NO. And on the last day we rented a car and traveled to other parts of LA. It was our best trip yet and we travel several times a year. The only downside is we went in March and the staff said it was too cold for the pool. But not the worst thing.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
5  Thank laurilou78
Reviewed 17 March 2014 via mobile

The holiday Inn at 1am in the morning welcomed me and made me feel at home.in all dealings with reception I was treated well and looked after to a high degree of service. The same goes the Shuttle drivers connected to the Inn.
The room was a double queen size with a clean bathroom.
Indeed all my rooms were clean and well maintained. Think the bed was in need of replacing as was lumpy. However it didn't stop me from getting a good sleep.
Breakfast is included in the cost and it was outstanding every time I ate there.
The hotel suffers from being too far away, particularly if you don't have a car. The shuttle is excellent but at $20 one way the cost adds up and in long run the Inn is not much of a bargain. The trip by taxi to the Inn from the airport cost me $53!!
Would recommend the Holiday Inn only if you have your own transport.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank johnsteele507
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express New Orleans East, responded to this reviewResponded 2 April 2014

Dear johnsteele507,

Thank you for providing us with a very considerate review and for staying with us. We strive to provide our guests with an extraordinary experience and we are pleased to have the opportunity to do that for you during your visit with us. We truly appreciate your comments regarding our staff as we pride ourselves on excellent customer service. I have taken note of your comments regarding the bed and rest assured that your comments will be used for the purpose of bringing improvements needed.

Again, thank you for sharing your thoughts and we hope that you would consider us again on your next travel.

Connie D
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed 10 March 2014

Enjoyed our stay. Nice, clean rooms. Good and generous hot breakfast. Friendly and knowledgeable staff.
My only complaint is that aside from the IHOP down the road, there are no family style restaurants in the East end! You either have to drive into town, or out to Slidell for something other than fast food!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
Algiers
Federal City Inn & Suites
Federal City Inn & Suites
#66 of 167 in New Orleans

Been to Holiday Inn Express New Orleans East? Share your experiences!