“Amazing! ”

Lookout Inn of New Orleans
Ranked #19 of 141 New Orleans B&B and Inns
Reviewed 17 August 2014 via mobile

We stayed at the Inn for a 4 night bachelorett party. The Inn exceeded our expectations and Kelly the owner was absolutely wonderful to work with. It was a great experience from the time we started booking the trip to the day we left. We could not ask for a better host. She was able to stock the house with food and beverages so that when we arrived it was all set up. The rooms are very large and the beds are extremely comfortable. The pool is a great bonus for the already colorful home especially on the hot days/nights. Thank you so much for making my best friend's bachelorett party the best!! Cant wait to come visit again soon!

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
Kelly R, Owner at Lookout Inn of New Orleans, responded to this reviewResponded 18 August 2014

Dear Jamie,

Thank you so much for your compliments on the service and amenities at The Lookout. I am thrilled you enjoyed your stay and it was my pleasure to make your experience as enjoyable, convenient and comfortable as possible. Congrats to the soon-to-be bride and I look forward to welcoming you all again in the future.

Reviewed 14 August 2014

The Lookout was an amazing place to stay. Kelly, Shawn, and Percival the dog did everything they could to accommodate all 10 of us. The rooms were huge and very comfortable (although a sleeper sofa is a sleeper sofa). As other reviews have said, this isn't a typical b&b in a super swanky neighborhood. But that's what we liked about it.
We rented out the whole space, and the backyard is where we did most of our living. The only unfortunate thing about our stay was that the hot tub wasn't working, but the salt water pool held our attention long enough that it wouldn't prevent any of us from returning. And Kelly emailed me to let me know it has been replaced, so don't let it prevent you from going there either.
She made sure we had what we needed while staying out of our way, and even came down to play photographer when we wanted a picture of the whole group. We are talking about making it an annual trip, and The Lookout is a big reason why. I am from New Orleans and this was my first not-at-the-family-home experience, and I would recommend it to people coming to the city.
(The only reason for 4 onstead of 5 stars is that we realllly realllly wanted to hang in the hot tub)!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends

Dear Christine,

Thanks so much for taking the time to post a review about your recent stay with us. Your group was a pleasure and I enjoyed meeting and hosting you all. Again, I'm sorry you were unable to use the hot tub during your stay but I can assure you a relaxing experience in our new, replaced hot tub on your next visit. Enjoy the rest of your summer and we look forward to seeing you again.

Kelly, Mark and Percival

Reviewed 7 August 2014

We rented all four of the rooms for our entire family and it worked out great. The rooms all had plenty of space for us all to get together; the neighborhood was great; lots of places to walk to were close by. Kelly was great to work with and even though I booked from far away in Alaska, Kelly had everything ready and the whole process was seamless. I would certainly recommend this inn for anyone looking for a place to stay in New Orleans. The backyard was wonderful and we spent a lot of time back there, sitting and talking by the pool. My grandson was entranced with a place that actually had a bathroom so big that it had a couch in it.

Room Tip: The pictures are online of each room. Pick the one that appeals!
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Kathie323
Kelly R, Owner at Lookout Inn of New Orleans, responded to this reviewResponded 13 August 2014

Dear Kathie,

I am so glad you and your family enjoyed your recent stay at The Lookout. Thank you for your review and for choosing us as your accommodations in New Orleans. It's funny that you mention your grandson in the Mardi Gras Suite; all children that stay with us are entranced by the sofa in the bathroom. We can't wait to have you back!

Reviewed 3 July 2014

The Lookout Inn was a highlight of our vacation. The room and hosts were perfect. We spent time in the neighborhood, the Bywater area is cute and filled with places to good places to eat. We did not need a car and used the bus to get to the French quarter and Magazine street. After a day of sightseeing it was nice to hang out at the room, taking a swim and enjoy our cozy room. We will be back. I tell everyone I know about the Lookout.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank angel w

Dear Angel,

Thanks so much for taking the time to post a review about your stay in New Orleans and at The Lookout. I appreciate your kind compliments of my property. I'm glad you found the bus to be convenient and could access other areas of our city easily. Did you make it to any art galleries on your visit? We look forward to welcoming you again on your next visit.

Reviewed 28 June 2014

We stayed here for three nights. Seamless check in and warm welcome by the host.
A beautiful home in a fun neighborhood off the beaten path. Not a classic hotel or B&B but everything you need: The suite was spacious and lovely decorated, a nice backyard with pool, hot tub, outdoor mini kitchen, coffee maker and fridge in the room.
It is an easy bus ride (just check schedule) to other parts of the city. Plus there are some treasures in the neighborhood to explore for food, drinks and music.
Would definitely come back when in town.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank JP P

Hey JP,

Thanks so much for posting a review about your stay at The Lookout. I'm so glad you enjoyed our inn, your suite, the pool and more. I'm even more glad you were able to take the bus around town. Can't wait for your return!

Reviewed 25 June 2014

The Lookout Inn was a great house in the Bywater area. It is just about a block from the 5 bus stop to the French Quarter and just a few doors down from Bar Re-dux, which I highly recommend for food and drinks.

Each room is themed, there is a nice backyard with pool, hot tub, outdoor mini kitchen area and covered seating area. Both came in handy as a few thunderstorms rolled through.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank goingmyway

Hey there!

Thanks so much for sharing your experiences of your time at The Lookout and in the Bywater neighborhood. I'm glad you were able to visit the nearby Bar Redux and enjoy the amenities at our property. I'm sorry you experienced bad weather during your visit; hopefully it will be better next time!

Reviewed 24 June 2014

My husband, mother-in-law and I stopped off in NO for a couple days of relaxing. I wanted something close to the heart of NO which of course is the French Quarter. The Lookout Inn was perfect. We stayed in the Bollywood room which is vibrant and alive...so different from a sterile hotel chain. The building is in an older residential section, and at first is hard to spot, since you think it is just another beautiful old home. You walk around back to the private pool, hot tub, cabana area. This area also has outdoor furniture, TV and stereo When the weather is nice you grab your fav beverage and spend the evening relaxing in a very peaceful serene atmosphere. The rooms are very comfortable and entertaining. The decor is different in every room, and is full of bold colors with an eclectic style. I loved the clawfooted porcelain tub in the huge bathroom. If you are just looking for a place to sleep that offers free breakfast, this is not it...but if you are looking to stay in a cozy place full of sensory delights, then The Lookout Inn should be at the top of your list. BTW, do not pass up eating breakfast at Elizabeth's which is just a few blocks down the road.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank im4knines

Hey there!

Thanks so much for taking the time to post a review about your stay at The Lookout! I'm so glad you guys enjoyed your stay in the Bollywood Suite and took advantage of the amenities here at the inn. You are right about not passing up Elizabeth's for breakfast. That needs to be on everyone's itinerary when visiting the area! I look forward to having you guys back in the future.