Frenchmen Orleans at 519
US$209
US$179
Preferred Hotels
  • Restaurant
Crowne Plaza Hotel Astor-New Orleans(New Orleans)(Great Value!)
US$137
US$131
US$332
US$302
US$262
US$240
  • Restaurant
Four Points By Sheraton French Quarter(New Orleans)(Great Value!)
US$243
US$220
  • Pool
Holiday Inn New Orleans - Chateau Lemoyne(New Orleans)(Great Value!)
US$199
US$147
HolidayInn.com
US$209
US$122
  • Pool
Wyndham New Orleans - French Quarter(New Orleans)(Great Value!)
US$137
US$121
  • Pool
Omni Royal Orleans(New Orleans)
US$228
  • Pool
Drury Inn & Suites New Orleans(New Orleans)(Great Value!)
US$139
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsfull kitchenbedroom condomusic districtcommon balconyfrenchman streetfrench marketjazz bluesnoisy late into the nightlaundry facilities areart markethear live musicgreat condoaccess codeapartment was cleanpots and pansgreat locationwithin walking distance
Reviewed 27 October 2011

My wife and I stayed here in December 2010 - sorry for delayed review. We were stunned by our downstairs room - spacious (HUGE!) with a rear door to the poool and spa. The kitchen was massive - "home size" with everything. We had a seperate bedroom with full size bath and HEAPS of space. The TV was huge too although we only watched it sparingly - we were in NOLA - no time for TV. The location was great for us because we were after REAL NOLA not just tourist central. This area gave us a true feeling of being in the New Orleans we wanted to experience. The Marigny district is tropical, ecclectic, funky, soulful and a bit zany. It features ample eateries and bars so you could spend a night or two just in this street! We always felt totally safe even though we would do bars and music venues until LATE and walk home. It's an easy enough walk to Bourbon Street and an easier walk to some of NOLA's finest day and night areas of interest. We did tours and they all collected at our doorstep. I really rate the location. I wouldn't want to be in New Orleans and feel like I was in any city anywhere - this is New Orleans! I cannot comment highly enough about the management and staff here - they were SUPER. Example: we were held over in Chicago missing our 1st nights booked accommodation. We contacted the manager Gerrard and he said he would consider refunding us. On the day we left I asked again - the next day the refund was back in our bank! AWESOME. Please do get to know Kelley if you are into really lovely people or if you want to know ANYTHING about the jazz/blues scene in NOLA. She is jazz/blues royalty and knows everything and everyone. This very dear lady even organised for us to attend a special performance at Palm Court knowing we would love the place and the music. She joined us for a cocktail and became a friend! NOLA LOVES people coming down and visiting and supporting the local economy. We felt it everywhere and made us so happy we could be appreciated for spending some tourist dollars. I point out this is not a new establishment - it shows signs of age, wear and tear and former glory days but it's the bomb! It was very inexpensive when we stayed - the people here made it even better. As a humorous aside - my wife would caution about drinking a hand grenade - be in good company if you do and drink v-e-r-y slowly - it's a bomb too! We will be back and we will stay here -and my wife will NOT drink a hand grenade! enjoy NOLA.

Room Tip: choose a downstairs room, centre of complex opening to pool and off front of street to avoid most of the noise
  • Stayed: December 2010, travelled as a couple
3  Thank jediknight1
Reviewed 14 September 2011

We arrived on a rainy Sunday a week and a half ago. We were able to pull up to the front of the hotel on the street and unload our baggage and check-in, then pull around to the parking lot behind the property. You can't park in the lot before checking in. We had been told that our room (a 2 bedroom former apartment) had not been renovated. It wasn't bad, and the best part was that it was at the back of the property, because otherwise I doubt we could have handled the noise at night. We had 2 bedrooms, 1 bath, a small kitchen and a living area, very adequate for our needs, but really ready for a remodel. We were in #205. There is no elevator, so be aware when booking. The housekeeping staff never showed up when we first requested that the floor be mopped. When walking around barefoot our feet were black with dirt from the floor. We made a second request on Tuesday and they then came and cleaned the floors. They do a full cleanup on Wednesday, otherwise you get clean towels and your garbage emptied every day. What we liked: Our location was good in that it was close to the end of the riverfront trolley line which was extremely convenient, close to the old French Market (great deals on some neat stuff there) and close to a couple of good restaurants. The Praline Connection across the street has good Creole Soul Food-red beans and rice, shrimp and also great fried chicken. 2 blocks away is Marigny Brassiere, nice atmosphere and really good food, a bit more upscale, and a very understated Italian restaurant called Adolfo's, just a few doors away, that is over a bar, and has very little advertising except for the name on the door. Go in, up the stairs, through the door, and totally enjoy. The band downstairs was blaring, but upstairs you could barely hear it, amazingly. We ate at a little corner table, that was crooked but somehow seemed to fit the red and white checkered tablecloth restaurant. Plentiful and good. The only thing missing were the candles in chianti bottles. Back to the hotel, we also liked the atmosphere once you got through the locked gate of the Frenchmen Orleans 519. Nice fountain inside, nice pool and hot tub outside, a nice balcony sitting area to watch the street. All efforts have been made to make sure you are very secure onsite, from the electronic coded gate entry to the concertina wire on top of some of the fences, though you have to look for that. I felt saft on the property. What we didn't like: our room really needed renovation, but we probably would have paid more for a renovated room. The ones I glimpsed, when walking by any with open doors, looked much nicer. Crown moulding, granite, etc. Well done. I would have loved ours if it had been fresher looking. As it was, I think they spent about $25 at Big Lots for the art on the walls, about $5 for the curtains that didn't do a thing to block any light. The area was bad in that it seemed rather dangerous in some ways. but people were always around so I wasn't very worried. I understand it is where the locals sometimes go for music, and there are several music clubs within a rock's throw. None of which seemed to have bands playing very well, but they were all playing really loud. Let me qualify: I am 56, like jazz, like all kinds of music, but all of the people I saw around those clubs looked 35 and under, so you see where I am coming from. Also, the music sounded like they were all just jamming, just throwing it together as they went along. So it would have been nice to hear some really good jazz out of those clubs, even at 3 a.m.. We stayed a week. Would go back, would stay here again for a great rate. It would take a REALLY great rate if going back to the unrenovated rooms. If you need an elevator-not the place for you. If you need total peace and quiet-not the place for you. But in the back of the complex my sleep was not disturbed at all. Just woke up because of the bright sun coming through those thin curtains!

Room Tip: Choose one in the back, choose a renovated room, but check the rates. Get one on the first floor if you can't handle stairs. The hotel has 3 floors.
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Liz T
Reviewed 8 June 2011

We stayed May 26 - 31 in Unit 105, a 2 bedroom condo on the ground floor. The unit has been renovated and included wall mounted flat screen TVs in each room, a stereo system, Jacuzzi tub, full kitchen and a Queen bed in each bedroom. There is a door onto the patio for access to pool and hot tub.

They do not offer daily maid service but the exchange towels and empty the trash daily. We noted a couple of minor problems like a slow draining tub but they were handled promptly. The beds are comfortable but the closets are very tiny, not that it matters much.

We had some noise from a group of college kids next door a couple of nights and we did hear a bit of music from the club next door but overall the noise was manageable for us. The staff are very pleasant and helpful and the front desk is manned 24 hours.

The location is excellent, just outside the French Quarter and surrounded by live music venues. It is still very close to all the action.

They offered us offstreet parking in front of the complex for $10 per day which I thought was very reasonable. Overall it was a very pleasant stay for three adults looking to have some fun.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled with friends
5  Thank QOE
Reviewed 11 November 2010

We should have known we were in trouble when the check-in person said that noone comes to New Orleans to sleep. Our bedroom faced Frenchmen's street and a nightclub was directly across the street. Thursday night was quite loud but the next two nights were worse. Saturday night had two bands playing in the club, one upstairs and one downstairs and they played until about 5AM. We asked when we first checked in to change to a back apartment but were told the place was full and we were stuck. I think it is unconscionable to rent these street-front apartments without telling the customer what the situation is....if you are an all-night partyer, the place would be
fine. My husband had a meeting on Friday morning so he was tired after sleeping fitfully on Thursday night. And after spending much of Saturday night awake (we had to sleep in the living room but it was loud in there also) we then faced a 6-hour drive home. Since you cannot request a specific apartment ahead of time and you get what you get upon arrival, I would NEVER recommend this hotel to anyone because you risk spending your nights awake. We happen to have had several daytime activities -- so we needed to be able to sleep at night and that just wasn't an option here.

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled on business
3  Thank dallet5
Reviewed 24 September 2010

Great condo for the price...clean and spacious (reminded me of a cute and cozy onebedroom apartment). There are Jazz Clubs across the street so music will be heard until 2/3 am, but to me this is just the NOLA experience so it didn't bother us. Tub did not drain well but I never reported this to the staff, so this issue probably could have been resovled if it really mattered to us. Bed linens were very clean although we found hair on spare blankets (dont know the technical term for the fabric but it was the "fuzzy" material, so even if they were washed the hair probably would have still suck because I have several of these blankets at home and have the same problem) we usually bring our own so this was not a issue either.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled as a couple