Frenchmen Orleans at 519
  • Restaurant
US$154
US$147
  • Pool
Crowne Plaza Hotel Astor-New Orleans(New Orleans)(Great Value!)
US$135
US$414
US$389
  • Restaurant
Hotel Le Marais(New Orleans)
US$240
  • Breakfast included
Holiday Inn New Orleans - Chateau Lemoyne(New Orleans)(Great Value!)
US$196
US$147
HolidayInn.com
US$332
US$302
  • Pool
Wyndham New Orleans - French Quarter(New Orleans)(Great Value!)
US$128
US$121
  • Pool
Omni Royal Orleans(New Orleans)
US$216
US$209
  • Pool
Drury Inn & Suites New Orleans(New Orleans)(Great Value!)
US$151
US$140
DruryHotels.com
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsfull kitchenbedroom condomusic districtcommon balconyfrenchman streetfrench marketjazz bluesnoisy late into the nightlaundry facilities areart markethear live musicgreat condoaccess codeapartment was cleanpots and pansgreat locationwithin walking distance
Reviewed 20 December 2011

We had a 1 bedroom apartment here and it really was a great location. We could walk easily to the Fr Quarter and to the nearby restaurants and bars on Frenchmen street. If you're a light sleeper, be sure to bring a sound machine or ear plugs. Our apt. was in the rear of the facility, but the noise from the people/music on Frenchmen reverberates throughout the whole complex. If you are bringing a car, make sure you let them know in advance; they have designated spots in the public lot behind the hotel but these can sell out quickly.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 November 2011

My husband and I just returned from our visit to NOLA. We were very happy with our choice to stay here. We had a 2 bedroom condo which is so much better than a hotel room. The place was clean, and modern. We choose it for its location and it was a great choice. Within walking distance to the Quarter, but just a hop, skip, and a jump from about 7 clubs where we could listen to live music. Also, the balcony was a plus as you could sit there and hear music as well. We are planning on returning to NOLA and will stay here again . If it's music, location, and space that you are looking for, this is the place.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 November 2011

The staff presented a negative attitude and dissatisfaction in doing their job. One person from housekeeping had the audacity to tell me she was clearly disturbed and had been for some time prior to my asking for some clean face clothes.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 October 2011

My wife and I stayed here in December 2010 - sorry for delayed review. We were stunned by our downstairs room - spacious (HUGE!) with a rear door to the poool and spa. The kitchen was massive - "home size" with everything. We had a seperate bedroom with full size bath and HEAPS of space. The TV was huge too although we only watched it sparingly - we were in NOLA - no time for TV. The location was great for us because we were after REAL NOLA not just tourist central. This area gave us a true feeling of being in the New Orleans we wanted to experience. The Marigny district is tropical, ecclectic, funky, soulful and a bit zany. It features ample eateries and bars so you could spend a night or two just in this street! We always felt totally safe even though we would do bars and music venues until LATE and walk home. It's an easy enough walk to Bourbon Street and an easier walk to some of NOLA's finest day and night areas of interest. We did tours and they all collected at our doorstep. I really rate the location. I wouldn't want to be in New Orleans and feel like I was in any city anywhere - this is New Orleans! I cannot comment highly enough about the management and staff here - they were SUPER. Example: we were held over in Chicago missing our 1st nights booked accommodation. We contacted the manager Gerrard and he said he would consider refunding us. On the day we left I asked again - the next day the refund was back in our bank! AWESOME. Please do get to know Kelley if you are into really lovely people or if you want to know ANYTHING about the jazz/blues scene in NOLA. She is jazz/blues royalty and knows everything and everyone. This very dear lady even organised for us to attend a special performance at Palm Court knowing we would love the place and the music. She joined us for a cocktail and became a friend! NOLA LOVES people coming down and visiting and supporting the local economy. We felt it everywhere and made us so happy we could be appreciated for spending some tourist dollars. I point out this is not a new establishment - it shows signs of age, wear and tear and former glory days but it's the bomb! It was very inexpensive when we stayed - the people here made it even better. As a humorous aside - my wife would caution about drinking a hand grenade - be in good company if you do and drink v-e-r-y slowly - it's a bomb too! We will be back and we will stay here -and my wife will NOT drink a hand grenade! enjoy NOLA.

Room Tip: choose a downstairs room, centre of complex opening to pool and off front of street to avoid most of the noise
  • Stayed: December 2010, travelled as a couple
3  Thank jediknight1
Reviewed 14 September 2011

We arrived on a rainy Sunday a week and a half ago. We were able to pull up to the front of the hotel on the street and unload our baggage and check-in, then pull around to the parking lot behind the property. You can't park in the lot before checking in. We had been told that our room (a 2 bedroom former apartment) had not been renovated. It wasn't bad, and the best part was that it was at the back of the property, because otherwise I doubt we could have handled the noise at night. We had 2 bedrooms, 1 bath, a small kitchen and a living area, very adequate for our needs, but really ready for a remodel. We were in #205. There is no elevator, so be aware when booking. The housekeeping staff never showed up when we first requested that the floor be mopped. When walking around barefoot our feet were black with dirt from the floor. We made a second request on Tuesday and they then came and cleaned the floors. They do a full cleanup on Wednesday, otherwise you get clean towels and your garbage emptied every day. What we liked: Our location was good in that it was close to the end of the riverfront trolley line which was extremely convenient, close to the old French Market (great deals on some neat stuff there) and close to a couple of good restaurants. The Praline Connection across the street has good Creole Soul Food-red beans and rice, shrimp and also great fried chicken. 2 blocks away is Marigny Brassiere, nice atmosphere and really good food, a bit more upscale, and a very understated Italian restaurant called Adolfo's, just a few doors away, that is over a bar, and has very little advertising except for the name on the door. Go in, up the stairs, through the door, and totally enjoy. The band downstairs was blaring, but upstairs you could barely hear it, amazingly. We ate at a little corner table, that was crooked but somehow seemed to fit the red and white checkered tablecloth restaurant. Plentiful and good. The only thing missing were the candles in chianti bottles. Back to the hotel, we also liked the atmosphere once you got through the locked gate of the Frenchmen Orleans 519. Nice fountain inside, nice pool and hot tub outside, a nice balcony sitting area to watch the street. All efforts have been made to make sure you are very secure onsite, from the electronic coded gate entry to the concertina wire on top of some of the fences, though you have to look for that. I felt saft on the property. What we didn't like: our room really needed renovation, but we probably would have paid more for a renovated room. The ones I glimpsed, when walking by any with open doors, looked much nicer. Crown moulding, granite, etc. Well done. I would have loved ours if it had been fresher looking. As it was, I think they spent about $25 at Big Lots for the art on the walls, about $5 for the curtains that didn't do a thing to block any light. The area was bad in that it seemed rather dangerous in some ways. but people were always around so I wasn't very worried. I understand it is where the locals sometimes go for music, and there are several music clubs within a rock's throw. None of which seemed to have bands playing very well, but they were all playing really loud. Let me qualify: I am 56, like jazz, like all kinds of music, but all of the people I saw around those clubs looked 35 and under, so you see where I am coming from. Also, the music sounded like they were all just jamming, just throwing it together as they went along. So it would have been nice to hear some really good jazz out of those clubs, even at 3 a.m.. We stayed a week. Would go back, would stay here again for a great rate. It would take a REALLY great rate if going back to the unrenovated rooms. If you need an elevator-not the place for you. If you need total peace and quiet-not the place for you. But in the back of the complex my sleep was not disturbed at all. Just woke up because of the bright sun coming through those thin curtains!

Room Tip: Choose one in the back, choose a renovated room, but check the rates. Get one on the first floor if you can't handle stairs. The hotel has 3 floors.
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple