“Excellent customer service”

Ranked #48 of 163 Hotels in New Orleans
Mid-South
“Excellent customer service”
Reviewed 26 December 2011

I love good customer service and it's top shelf at this property from every single employee you come in contact with. Kudos. Great value for cruise package...room, wonderful breakfast and parking during cruise. Only downside was the noise and housekeeping coming in while sleeping. Will be back for a conference in 2012.

• Stayed December 2011
2 Thank river280

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (193)
  • Polish first
Clovis, California
Reviewed 21 December 2011

I typically love staying at Marriott's when traveling for business, because they are usually very good at providing a standard level of service.

Pros:
This hotel was right across from the convention center, had a Starbucks in the lobby, was within walking distance to the Riverwalk mall, and had pretty quick room service. Their concierge lounge had a nice variety of food at dinner. They only had water and sodas in the fridge (other lounges have juice as well), and did not serve alcoholic beverages.

Cons:
The service provided by the hotel was variable in terms of customer service. When calling for housekeeping services when I left the room for 3 hours, and then came back, it was still not completed. When asking questions (like how to have a room charged to your credit card for your boss), having a reservation representative repeat an answer that does not apply to your question can be frustrating. It is always helpful to ask for a manager at this point.

Overall, I would stay here again if traveling for business at the convention center.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled on business
2 Thank ar_sydney
Council Bluffs, Iowa
Reviewed 17 December 2011

I was in New Orleans recently for a work related stay. This hotel did not disappoint! The staff is professional and very helpful, the rooms large, nice, well maintained and comfortable. Anything you need the staff will find it for you including taxis, shuttles, site-seeing recommendations, etc. It is also located just steps from many great area attractions. Of course the area is known for great food. I visited many restaurants while in New Orleans. Many were great but the hotel dining room was truly one of the best which was a pleasant surprise. I highly recommend this hotel!

1 Thank FormerHoosier
Vestavia Hills, Alabama
Reviewed 11 December 2011

I Priceline when I have to go to New Orleans for just an overnight and I Pricelined for about 70 dollars and got this hotel the last two times. My first visit I had a room with a King Bed that was spacious and very plush. Nice seating area, desk, and seemed luxurious. My second visit I had a room that was two double beds and seemed not as plush and very industrial. There were no robes and the towels seemed less plush. I'm not sure if there was a difference in the linens but it did appear that way. I felt like I had stayed in two different hotels. Staff were great, location is great especially if you are attending a convention The hotel is just a couple of blocks from the casino and riverfront. Beds were comfortable. I will definitely stay here again but will request a King when I have the option. If I have a convention, this will be my first choice for hotel. If you have allergies the air is a little musty and can flare you. Take your antihistamines with you!

• Stayed December 2011, travelled solo
3 Thank Almond66
Bristol PA
Reviewed 9 December 2011

Location is good. Help is attentive. DO NOT STAY IN ROOM 1517. There is an air handling unit of some sort in an adjoining room that caused loud noise and vibrations in the room.

I was moved to room 1527 and everything there was fine.

Room Tip: Do not accept room 1517
1 Thank scalwag
Reviewed 5 December 2011

Despite having reservations and a confirmation number I was told when I got to my hotel they did not have a room for me. I was not even afforded the courtesy of a phone call. They did book me in another property far from where I needed to be. Just when I thought it could not get worse the hotel was under construction. Wish I could share these pictures I am looking at a series of toilets ready to be installed. Shame on you Marriott your in the hospitality business

• Stayed December 2011
1 Thank Cartman112
Roanoke, Virginia
Reviewed 1 December 2011

Across the board I give this Marriott an average rating compared to others I have stayed with. Very clean and comfortable beds. I was here for a convention. I did not get the room I paid for on the concierges level with a kind room. Instead it was a double, with the bed so close to the entry that you had to dodge to keep from banging knees. I stayed in the room though because the view was fantastic and nothing was left on the level I asked for. The showers were not as hot as I like them and the pressure was weak. The staff is laid back and super nice. If there were 10 stars for the staff I would give it to them. I did have entry to the concierges lounge which by far is the best one in any Marriott worldwide that I have been in. Very clean, nice staff and the fresh yogurt with granola was delicious. The bar drinks and food were ok but don't waste your time here. Head out to the French Quarter.
I liked the location safe, secure and found it a good spot to the French Quarter but rather expensive. For the 4 days at this hotel, my trip expense was more than my 3 week vacation in Europe. Seriously, this was outrageous.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled on business