New Orleans Downtown Marriott at the Convention Center
Ranked #51 of 166 Hotels in New Orleans
Reviewed 10 February 2014

I stayed here for a bachelor party and enjoyed its great location. We were a few blocks away from the craziness of Bourbon St. and about 3 from the casino. This hotel is very nice but on floor 23 the hallway smelled like a toilet. The rooms smelled just fine and had no complaints about that. The beds were very soft but didn't stop me from sleeping great at night. It's a little more expensive but it's worth the money when near the Bourbon St. area. I would stay here again.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank BenH989

Reviewed 1 February 2014

Stayed here for a meeting for two nights and ended up stuck due to the "winter storm" -- which turned out just fine! Got to see some of the sights that we wouldn't have seen otherwise. The service here was excellent, from the valet, bellhop, front desk, food services for the meeting, housekeeping, Virgil and Leroy at the restaurant (they were awesome!!). The food served for the meeting and for breakfast in the restaurant was exceptional. Everyone was always eager to help with anything you needed. I felt the rooms could use a little upgrading, the carpet was old and stained in my room, but the bed was super comfortable. All in all a great stay!

1  Thank jillydal
Reviewed 30 January 2014 via mobile

This hotel has a fabulous location, easy to walk to the convention center and you're in the heart of the Frech Quarter. You can hop on a street car and go to the Garden District. The rooms were nicely done and very clean. The staff was very helpful.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 29 January 2014

I was at this hotel for a conference. It is right across the street from the Convention Center. The Casino was a few blocks a way. Bourbon Street/French Quarter is quite a walk, but you can walk there. It would be a very short cab ride.

Customer service was excellent. We had our meetings at the hotel and I found it to be quite enjoyable. The food during the conference was okay (the soups were AMAZING). The AV worked well. The internet worked very well. It was fast.

There is a nice fitness room and a very small outdoor pool on the 3rd floor. I was on a high floor facing the convention center and I could see the ships passing by on the Mississippi.

The room was okay. Clean and comfortable. If I was going to the Convention Center, I would stay here again…If not, I think I would prefer to be closer to the French Quarter.

Reviewed 27 January 2014

I loved this hotel the moment I stepped out of my car! I was greeted with a smile by the Valet again by the Bellman, and then again by the clerk. This hotel makes you feel as if they want you to stay with them who Knew. The beds were so comfortable which made for a wonderful nights sleep. The only draw back is that there is no free Wifi and based on the price I feel that wifi should be included otherwise EXCELLENT stay.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 26 January 2014

I arrived at the Marriott on my birthday (the day following the Sugar Bowl) and was welcomed with a free room upgrade. The location is great; everywhere you would want to see is in walking distance. When I returned home and checked my billing statement, I noticed an error, so I contacted the hotel. I spoke with Linda, who is one of the most courteous, professionals I have encountered. She resolved the issue without any delay. I would certainly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 January 2014

This hotel is located directly across the street from the New Orleans Convention Center, so the location is prime for conventions. Not so convenient to the French Quarter. The hotel is very clean and the service is impeccable. The staff are very friendly. The Concierge Lounge is lacking, compared to others in the chain. My room overlooked the Mississippi river and was very nice. Be aware of the train that comes through at about 1 am and likes to blow it's horn. There are several good restaurants in the immediate area and a Starbucks located in the hotel. Overall I would recommend this hotel for its location and services.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on a high floor overlooking the river.
Travellers also viewed these New Orleans hotels
Residence Inn New Orleans Downtown
Omni Riverfront Hotel
Omni Riverfront Hotel
#35 of 166 in New Orleans

Been to New Orleans Downtown Marriott at the Convention Center? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about New Orleans Downtown Marriott at the Convention Center

Address: 859 Convention Center Blvd, New Orleans, LA 70130-1754
Region: United States > Louisiana > New Orleans > Arts District / Warehouse District
Business Centre with Internet Access Fitness Centre with Gym / Workout Room Restaurant Room Service Suites Swimming Pool Wheelchair access Airport Transportation
#29 Family Hotel in New Orleans
#33 Business Hotel in New Orleans
#54 Romantic Hotel in New Orleans
Price Range: £107 - £315 (Based on Average Rates for a Standard Room)
Hotel Class:3.5 star — New Orleans Downtown Marriott at the Convention Center 3.5*
Discover New Orleans Marriott Downtown at the Convention Center, a riverfront hotel in New Orleans, Louisiana set in the energetic Arts District, minutes away from the area’s top attractions such as the French Quarter, Harrah’s Casino, Cruise Port and a multitude of dining & entertainment options. Housed in a renovated 19th century cotton mill, our hotel boasts over 300 spacious rooms & suites, offering guests a refreshing night of rest. Experience an abundance of amenities including a fitness center, Starbucks Coffee Shop, business center and rooftop swimming pool. With over 25,000 square feet of flexible function space, New Orleans Downtown Marriott at the Convention Center is ideal for both intimate gatherings & large corporate events. Plan your next stay at our premier hotel near the New Orleans convention center featuring impeccable service in a welcoming atmosphere. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Marriott, Expedia, Travel Republic (UK), Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Hotels.com, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L., HotelQuickly, HotelsClick, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your New Orleans Downtown Marriott at the Convention Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Marriott Hotel New Orleans