“History of New Orleans in wax”

Musee Conti Wax Museum
Book In Advance
More Info
US$89.99*
and up
New Orleans Power Pass
Ranked #133 of 367 things to do in New Orleans
Reviewed 3 May 2013 via mobile

Came to see this wax museum recently. I think the museum did a good job covering the main parts of the history of How New Orleans came to be. The wax figures and scenes were nicely detailed. There was a bonus room of classic monster figures as well, that looked nice but didn't have anything to do with the history of New Orleans. I didn't have expectations of expecting it to measure to a Madame Tussaud's wax museum, so I think that allowed for a good experience.

1  Thank MDuvalPA
There are newer reviews for Musee Conti Wax Museum

Reviewed 10 April 2013

Although it appears to have been around for a while, I found the wax museum really entertaining and the tableaus very well done.

Reviewed 8 April 2013

The place is conveniently located in the French Quarter. It needs a bit of updating but the wax people are done very well! The brief histories written at each section is brief and to the point, which was good for us since we had 7 children with us! There is a scary part at the end, but it was easy to avoid for those of us to chicken to check it out. Overall a cute place that is enjoyable for all ages!

1  Thank April P
Reviewed 31 March 2013

To say that this wax museum has seen better days is an understatement. It's so outdated that the entertainment value is in just how bad it is. My teenagers, though, that it was pretty funny, because it's just that campy and outdated. The whole place has a somewhat creepy, unclean, and neglected aura about it. While it's really quite cheap, you definitely get what you pay for. I can think of many many better things you and your family could do while in New Orleans.

1  Thank morr316
Reviewed 15 March 2013

Well, I have a real weakness for wax museums- the more interesting the better! This isn't the place to expect Madame Tussuads celebs; this is the history of New Orleans and I thought it was absolutely brilliant. The city has an amazing history from the Siege of New Orleans to Marie Laveau and you really will learn so much following the history through; there are even spooky additions like the breathing waxwork during the Siege scene I think, and a quite small Chamber of Horrors which is still spooky! I visited during September and it was empty when I visited and I think the opening hours are quite limited too it's best to ring ahead and check but it is definitely worth visiting!

1  Thank natalieandmonkey