“This isn’t the most objective of reviews…I admit.” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #124 of 339 things to do in New Orleans
New York City, New York
50 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 76 helpful votes
“This isn’t the most objective of reviews…I admit.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 November 2013

I have a weak spot in my heart for this place.

When traveling the country many years ago, I was on a major “Wax Museum” kick, and I made a pledge to myself that if I stopped in a town that had one, I would visit…this is how I discovered “Musee Conti Wax Museum”.

They’ve switched locations since the last time I was there, but it really hasn’t changed.

It needs serious updating, it’s dusty and a bit cheesy, but if you take the time, you can learn a bit of NOLA history.

No one visits much, but I for one would be very sad it if closed.

Visited November 2013

Penticton
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 33 helpful votes
“open weird times and dates”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 November 2013

my fiancé and I spent nearly 2 weeks in NOLA, and walked by this museum countless times, hoping to pop in for a look around. Never once did we actually see the place open. If this place is a high-priority stop for your next trip to NOLA, call ahead first to make sure they're open (as of this posting, the website says they're open Monday, Wed and Sat from 10-4)

Visited October 2013
1 Thank Arwen S
Baton Rouge, LA
18 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“Conti Wax Museum”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 August 2013

Quite bizarre and outdated, but the history told is accurate and very interesting, as is New Orleans. It is not a bad place to get out of the heat, it just needs some TLC.

Visited August 2013
Mariestad, Sverige
352 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 180 helpful votes
“Wax museum on Conti Street”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 August 2013

This was a very nice surpise when we were in NOLA a few weeks ago. It's on Conti St and is located on the right hand side if you walk from the river. The wax characters show a lot of different scenes from local history that give a lot of life and is a good way to learn about history. We did enjoy it there. The entrance fee of 6 dollars is very reasonable. There are also horror scenes from fiction so not all of it is on local history. I don't remember for how long we were there but I think 1 hour is good to spend there.

Visited July 2013
Wilmington, Delaware
38 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 41 helpful votes
“very interesting history”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 June 2013

Honestly this was just originally intended to be a time killer and I really was not interested in going. But I was pleasantly surprised as to how well the display was set up for each historic depiction. Also pay attention one display will move! Don't miss the dungeon either! Well worth the hour of time.

Visited June 2013