“Wonderful hostel”

Auberge NOLA Hostel
Reviewed 29 June 2014

I don't think I have stayed in hostel as welcoming and homely as Auberge. It's not only a beautiful spot, clearly a lot of care has gone into this place, but it has a wonderful atmosphere. Greeted by two charming little dogs when I first arrived, I knew that this was going to be a good place! And it most certainly was - I hope to go back soon!

Reviewed 26 June 2014

Stayed here one night and it was everything I could have asked for. Excellent prices, reasonably close to the Quarter, friendly people, clean. It's a very casual, homey environment and located in a beautiful old house. A great place!

• Stayed: June 2014
Reviewed 20 June 2014

I had a great time in New Orleans and it was great to stay in such a good hostel. The place was very clean, beds were comfortable enough, the rooms have lockers if you require them (even though I just left my stuff out and nothing got stolen) and it also has fantastic Air Conditioning in all rooms and the main area in the hostel, which is the best thing when you have been out in the humidity of New Orleans.
All staff were very friendly and helpful regarding directions or queries and are very easy to contact if you need help.
Auberge has a relaxed vibe about it, so its easy to get chatting to other people staying there which only adds to the positive experience.
The hostel is located in a great area, it takes about 25 minutes to walk to the French quarter and a short distance to the Garden district or 2 minutes to the Streetcar which will take you further afield in the city - One of my favourite places is New Orleans City Park.

I highly recommend this hostel for groups of friends or solo travellers.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 17 June 2014

That's a vera good place, friendly staff, clean, secure. I's just 1 block from st. charles streetcar with easy acess to French quarter and Garden distric. Strongly recomend. Laissez lês bons temps roulex...

1  Thank Karin S
Reviewed 12 June 2014

For much of my 3 month US trip I've had most of my accommodation already booked, but for New Orleans I needed to find somewhere sort of at the last minute (although knowing I was heading there and having trouble finding somewhere) and Auberge was able to provide me with a safe, secure, and cheap place for my 3 night stay in NOLA - also eternally grateful that I was able to leave my bags on my fourth day and then kill time in the evening while I wait for my 11:30pm bus to Memphis.

If you're not into walking 20 mins to the French Quarter where pretty much everything is happening (which I did 95% of the time), there is the Streetcar to take on St Charles Ave - though walking I found was somewhat faster if there was no streetcar there. It is also within walking distance to the Garden District if you're into nice, grand houses and architecture.

As Auberge feels more like a home you do meet people more than you would at a simple hostel, which for me made it a good place to be staying at.

1  Thank Braiden A
Reviewed 12 June 2014 via mobile

Excellent accommodation, it is just outside of the French quarter, there is a street car that picks you up just down the road and takes you into town. The owner Rob is easy going and happy to help. If you're looking to kill some time I'd suggest doing the VIP bus tour, they take you through the main attractions in the city, well worth the few hours!

Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 5 June 2014

Great value for what you pay, friendly staff, secure premises, plus its in a beautiful Victorian era house. The rooms are spacious and offer loots of places to charge your devices. Equipped with AC, so you wont be feeling the New Orleans heat. About one block from the St. Charles Streetcar which will take you to the French Quarter.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo