“Great Overall Experience”
Review of NOLA Brewing Co.

NOLA Brewing Co.
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Useful Information: Wheelchair access, Bathroom facilities
Reviewed 16 May 2014

We are from Dallas where the Craft Beer scene is very active and growing. We were so excited to hear about NOLA Brewing Co. Naturally, we arrived into New Orleans on Friday afternoon, checking into our hotel, and promptly caught a cab to head to NOLA Brewing.

Their tap room opens at 1pm where they serve all of their beers on tap. I was pleasantly surprised to see how many different beers they brew! There had to have been around 15 different brews. We got there right at they opened, snagged a table in the tap room and started enjoying beers for only $3 each!! At 2pm their brewery tour begins and from the hours of 2-3 several of their brews are free to try and drink! That's when the brew pub began to fill up with local college kids! Anything for cheap/free beer!

The place was packed by the time we left about 4pm. The tap room, brewing area, and outdoor patio was filled with people. The only downside was that this brewery is in an industrial part of town, and there aren't any cabs around to take you back to downtown. We had to walk several blocks to a main street to find a cab.

1  Thank Sarah L
"uber ride"
"brisket"
"enjoy craft beer"
in 2 reviews
"looked and smelled great"
"tasting bar"
"irish channel"
"these guys"
"worth the trip"
"garden district"
in 10 reviews
"catfish"

Reviewed 27 March 2014

This was a great find and definitely worth the two mile walk from the French Quarter. It has a great variety of its beers on tap and it has very friendly and knowledgeable staff. It is quite a small space and it gets loud and busy, but a great stop. Try a flight of 4 beers for $8! Not all of their beer was awesome, but they have a lot of options to choose from, usually 16 beers on tap. They are also pretty creative, tons of different flavors. We really enjoyed their saisons.

1  Thank Girl4God28
Reviewed 10 March 2014 via mobile

These guys like to experiment with the flavors. I tried 3 beers and they were good, the grape one was fantastic.
Wish I lived nearby so I could visit more often and try all the brews.

1  Thank snowboardingmonkey
Reviewed 21 February 2014

I've met few beers I didn't like, so it pains me to write this review. NOLA's beer is OK, though generally not great (16 brews on tap). We went there for a "Merdi (green) Gras" ball, and it was a bit of a ripoff. Some well meaning sustainable business folks put this together and Nola Brew hosted it. As part of the "suggested" $20 admission, attendees were supposed to get free beer. Guess what? Yep. NOLA "ran out" of the the free beer well before we (or anyone else, so far as I know) got there. A business with integrity woulda said, "Y'know what? Have any other beer ya want. On the house." But no. We ended up paying $5 for beer in a plastic cup (plastic? PLASTIC? Really? This is for a green sustainable cause?).

See more reviews
Reviewed 28 January 2014

I visited NOLA on 1/24/14, a cold, dreary day and a perfect day to hang out at a brewery! I'd never been to New Orleans before nor had I ever visited NOLA. I'm in love with both! I've visited many Texas Brewing Companies and NOLA is very similar. It is a small microbrewery located in a strip warehouse. The difference is that NOLA has it's own Tap Room, aka bar, that is open normal bar hours. The tastings are free during the brewery tour. The crowd was good. The beer is very good! There is a great little gift shop and you can buy a growler and have it filled with the beer of your choice for $20. Good stuff! If you are in New Orleans, don't pass up a Friday brewery tour at NOLA.