“Great Find!”

Add it.
The Ice House Bar of the Provincial Hotel
Ranked #48 of 240 Nightlife in New Orleans
Reviewed 15 June 2014

Kind of stumbled into the place....in the area, which is kind of residential, and saw the sign for Happy Hour. Walked in & LOVED it! Bar is part of hotel...which we were NOT staying in...lovely bar area with beautiful wood & fully stocked! James, the bartender, was awesome & poured some very tasty drinks! It was a great stop in our late afternoon adventures & I would definitely investigate the hotel if I were returning to NOLA. A hidden gem in the Crescent City! :)

Reviewed 23 May 2014

A nice place to spend a little quiet time. Area inside the hotel is small with about 6 tables and seating at the bar. Nice that the when checking into the hotel, a 2 for 1 coupon for drinks is included with the key. If it wasn't for the 2for1, I am not sure we would have stopped but we
enjoyed our drinks for the short time we were there.

Reviewed 15 April 2014

They were very accommodating staff,helpful, clean rooms, pretty courtyard. We loved it. It has all the feel and ambiance of the French Quarter just a few blocks off bourbon street.

Reviewed 2 April 2014

The hotel is excellent but don't make a special journey to the Ice House bar as it is not one of the more remarkable bars in New Orleans.

Reviewed 23 March 2014

The Hotel Provincial is my favorite hotel in the city (looking forward to stay #10 coming up this coming October). I was beyond thrilled when they finally opened The Ice House Bar. It is great to sit and enjoy a drink after wandering around all day and then be able to take one to your room to go. The service is great and my favorite bartender is ATN. He is always friendly and he makes an excellent drink. In my opinion you cannot beat his hurricanes, margaritas, or bloody marys. I think he makes the best bloody mary in The Quarter! Last time we tried a blue colored drink called The Provincial Punch that has become a favorite too.

Great hotel and a great bar that is comfortable to be in. It is non-smoking but you can easily duck out for a smoke if you want one. Or you can enjoy your drink in the beautiful, serene court yard. Love the bar, the drinks, and the hotel. Three cheers for the Ice House Bar! See you in October 2014!