“Dave Matthews & Tim Reynolds”
Review of Saenger Theatre

Saenger Theatre
Ranked #54 of 376 things to do in New Orleans
More attraction details
Owner description: Originally built in 1927, the Saenger Theatre was designed to reflect a magnificent 15th century Italian courtyard and gardens, with a starlit evening sky ceiling, arched surroundings, statuary, columns and decorative moldings. In January 2012, the City of New Orleans, Canal Street Development Corporation (CSDC) and ACE Theatrical Group formed a public-private partnership to carry out a $52 million restoration project after the iconic theatre was severely damaged during Hurricane Katrina. The Saenger Theatre reopened in fall 2013, authentically restored to the finest level of detail, with state-of-the-art technological improvements and updated first-class amenities. The theatre hosts a wide variety of performing arts attractions including live theater, comedy shows and musical acts. The Saenger Theatre is located at the corner of Canal and North Rampart streets in downtown New Orleans and is on the National Register of Historic Places.
Reviewed 8 June 2014

This theater is amazing! Any event/concert here would be magical because of the history and beauty of the space.

Reviewed 30 May 2014

I expected a beautiful theatre but this place blew my mind (we visited post-restoration). I'm a sucker for a historic, intimate concert venue and up until this point the Moore in Seattle had me - Saenger stole the show! Beautiful craftsmanship and history as well as comfortable.

2  Thank Jennelle D
Reviewed 30 May 2014

We attended our first play since the reopening of the Saenger theater since Katrina - and it was breathtaking. If you had never been to this theater - you would have still been awed by how beautiful the recreation of the old Saenger is. This stage can stand up to any stage in NYC a million times (and I have been to most of those). If you have the opportunity to enjoy theater while you are in NO, take advantage of this wonderful venue.

2  Thank Belzob
Reviewed 29 May 2014

It brought tears to my eyes to visit the Saenger again. We were thrilled to see that it is as beautiful as ever and can look forward to many more wonderful performances there. Absolutely gorgeous!

1  Thank Anne W
Reviewed 29 May 2014

I am a Broadway Across America season ticket holder. I love seeing shows in the Saenger Theatre. I recommend sitting in the orchestra section. I like to obtain seats in the orchestra section before row T or in the first few rows of the Balcony. If you get an aisle seat it is easier to get to the bathroom during intermission and it makes for any easy exit after the show is over. They added more bathrooms during the remodeling which is a big plus. Only negative comment the drinks are very expensive..

3  Thank Vegan504