“Beautifully renovated.”
Review of Saenger Theatre

Saenger Theatre
Ranked #42 of 352 things to do in New Orleans
More attraction details
Owner description: Originally built in 1927, the Saenger Theatre was designed to reflect a magnificent 15th century Italian courtyard and gardens, with a starlit evening sky ceiling, arched surroundings, statuary, columns and decorative moldings. In January 2012, the City of New Orleans, Canal Street Development Corporation (CSDC) and ACE Theatrical Group formed a public-private partnership to carry out a $52 million restoration project after the iconic theatre was severely damaged during Hurricane Katrina. The Saenger Theatre reopened in fall 2013, authentically restored to the finest level of detail, with state-of-the-art technological improvements and updated first-class amenities. The theatre hosts a wide variety of performing arts attractions including live theater, comedy shows and musical acts. The Saenger Theatre is located at the corner of Canal and North Rampart streets in downtown New Orleans and is on the National Register of Historic Places.
New Orleans, Louisiana
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Beautifully renovated.”
Reviewed 17 June 2014

Looks great. Acoustics are great. Wonderful place to enjoy broadway shows. Beautifully restored to where it should be. NO police department is there when the shows end to help you cross the street and to stay safe.

Visited April 2014

New Orleans, Louisiana
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 34 helpful votes
“Just Like Seeing an Old Friend (Who'd Been to Calvin)”
Reviewed 17 June 2014

From the kiddie shows in the hot summer afternoons to Sound of Music to Della Reese, Carol Channing, Mickey Rooney, the Stray Cats (you get my drift?), we have cherished the Saenger, like no other, since we were kids. So, you can imagine our joy at seeing it so beautifully restored! We had pretty good seats for the show and we just loved the entire experience. If you have not been, you need to go.

Visited May 2014
Pennsylvania
17 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 20 helpful votes
“Beautiful Theatre! Great Seating and Show!”
Reviewed 16 June 2014

I took my boyfriend here to see The Tenderloins and the Impractical Jokers tour. We has suite tickets and the seats were very good. There was also a private bar where you could purchase drinks as well as people coming around to your seats during the show. There was also free snacks to pick at. It came with valet parking which my car was right outside for me when the show was over. Ushers were very nice and friendly and directed us to our seats easily. Theatre is beautiful and I would recommend it to everyone!

Visited June 2014
1 Thank alyssab21
Albany, New York
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Exceptional Theatre Experience”
Reviewed 12 June 2014

Entering the theatre you feel as if you have gone back in time to an era of elegance. Beautiful renovations. Excellent offerings.

Visited December 2013
Pensacola, Florida
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Beautiful”
Reviewed 11 June 2014

The theater was so beautiful just was outstanding. I sat in "nose bleed" section. I had no idea a theater could have so many seats. Ushers let patrons arrive late and they were extremely disruptive. Using flashlights to check tickets and have long discussions about seats. I can't imagine what was the issue but I could not watch the show until it was done THEN they were ushered into my row and crawled on top of us to pass. The show was disappointing anyway.

Visited June 2014