“Good times!”

Famous Door New Orleans
Ranked #25 of 239 Nightlife in New Orleans
Reviewed 21 April 2013

The band is usually good and plays the right kind of music. We really like to go early evenings. If you get there early and get a seat you can stay all night. Wait too late and you'll be on your feet, dancing or not. It's probably my fav place to cut loose. :)

Reviewed 29 March 2013

Didn't stay too long here this trip as the band for St. Patty's Day was BORING. Not blaming it on the bar but, damn, they were bad.

Reviewed 27 March 2013 via mobile

IF I could rate with 0 stars, I would: I was having good time with my friends, good drinks, nice girls around us. Then a waitress came and asked me: "do you want 2 shots?" No thanks I answered. Again "do you want 2 shots?" No thanks. The third time she said to me "2 shots or you go out of the club" I said "I go out". I thought she was joking, but in a while a guy came and told me "Come on, follow me out" I asked "Why?" He answered me "I don't have to talk to you". I asked to the other guy out the door but also he answered "I don't have to talk to you". Well, I am a DJ for life, I have worked in Clubs for 13 years. Every one Who treated me like this, in one or Two years the CLOSE. Good luck fellows

Se potessi mettere 0 stelle lo farei: mi stavo divertendo con i miei amici, bevute ben fatte, belle ragazze. A un certo punto una cameriera mi chiede se volevo 2 shots, io le rispondo "no grazie", poi mi richiede un'altra volta se volevo 2 shots. La terza volta mi dice "o prendi 2 shots o vai fuori". Io rispondo "vado fuori", pensavo scherzasse, invece arriva subito il buttafuori che mi accompagna alla porta, senza darmi spiegazioni. Provo a rientrare,ma un altra ragazzo alla porta mi dice "tu non puoi entrare" e quando gli chiedo il perché risponde "io non devo parlare con te".
Ora,io lavoro nei locali da oltre 13 anni e di lavoro faccio il DJ, ne ho visti tanti personaggi che facevano gli splendidi con il locale pieno e poi in 2 erano chiusi perché trattavano male i loro clienti. Buona fortuna ;-)

1  Thank Nejo_DJ
Reviewed 12 March 2013 via mobile

These people have the personalities of wet mops. Obviously they hate their jobs. Why bartend? Maybe behind a desk, not dealing with the public would a better fit. One guy made the wrong drink and got pissed at me and threw it away. He was miserable and rude.

1  Thank KellyShab
Reviewed 28 February 2013 via mobile

While the live band seemed talented, my experience was ruined by the rude bartenders and joke of a drink special. Don't fall for the 2 for 1 drink special here, it literally means 2 drinks at one time, no deal.... I think bourbon street has these happy hour "deals" everywhere so just be aware!

2  Thank spartyharty