“Absolutely awesome place.”

Ranked #30 of 139 New Orleans B&B and Inns
Brandon, Mississippi
“Absolutely awesome place.”
Reviewed 5 June 2012

Just got back from NOLA and stayed 3 nights at the Creole Inn. I really didn't know what to expect when we arrived but the room was comfy and cozy and very quiet.....I know that there were other guests but everyone was so respectful you would never know it.....The price was incredible and the amenities include everything that you need. I am sold completely and we Will be back. Thanks so much Gayl for making our stay so enjoyable! Merle Talley

• Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (79)
Phoenixville, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 4 June 2012

I was looking for someplace that was between the Bywater (where my son lives) and the Quarter and didn't want to pay the outrageous hotel and B&B prices. The Creole Inn fit the bill perfectly. Gayl waited up for me when I arrived much later than expected and made me feel at home right away. If you want chocolates on your pillow and someone to wait on you hand and foot, don't look here. If you want to stay at a friend's house, this is the place. My room (Plantation) was great: clean, quiet, and comfortable. I travel to New Orleans a few times a year; Old Historic Creole Inn will be my first choice every time.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank Kevin P
Lakeland, Florida
Reviewed 1 June 2012

The Creole Inn met our expectations and needs perfectly! Great value for the money. What we saved in lodging we spent enjoying a mix of wonderful places to eat. Just the right distance from Frenchman St and the French Quarter we were able to walk back and forth and enjoy the area both during the day and night. Always able to get a good nights sleep in the quite and relaxing atmosphere. Gayl the Inn Keeper was always gracious and helpful from checking to make sure we weren't lost when we didn't arrive several hours after planned to answering any questions while staying. Just found my favorite place to stay while in NOLA can't wait to visit again!

• Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
Salem, Virginia, United States
Reviewed 29 May 2012

My husband and I love NOLA and wanted to take my sister in law and her husband to experience the amazing city and all it has to offer. We were on a budget and wanted something close to the French Market but at a good price. The Creole Inn was just that and the innkeeper Gayle made our stay even more amazing. If you are looking for a comfortable place, at an affordable price, with genuine Creole hospitality you have come to the right place!

• Stayed November 2011, travelled with friends
1 Thank Candice B
Waco, Texas
Reviewed 23 May 2012

The Creole Inn is truly a gem! My two best friends and I took our first trip to NOLA in August 2011 and we stayed in the Old Europe room and it was perfect for us. The room was clean, spacious, comfortable and very much what we expected. If you read the website you know that you aren't staying at a 5 star hotel and that was perfectly fine with us. Even so, Gayl, the inn keeper, welcomed us in with a smile and was nothing but helpful and accommodating. We wanted an affordable and convenient place to stay and that’s exactly what you will get with The Creole Inn. It’s close enough to walk to French Quarter and other attractions and if you’re not up for the walk you can catch the bus almost right outside the inn. The bus system was easy and convenient once we figured it out (with the help of Gayl). The three of us are planning another trip to NOLA in less than a month and there is nowhere else we would stay other than the Creole Inn. So if you want to enjoy all NOLA has to offer without spending all your money on lodging then staying at the Creole is the way to go. Unless you expect the red carpet to be rolled out in front of you, I promise you won't be sorry you booked the Creole Inn!!

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with friends
1 Thank Kendra3401
Houston, Texas
Reviewed 30 April 2012

I travel to New Orleans often, and it is the Creole Inn that I stay upon every trip!

I have lodged at this very cozy establishment since 2008. Because of multiple visits, this place has not only become a home, the staff has also become a family! This is very important when making trips to a city that I love so much.

My room has always been clean without fail. Gayl, the innkeeper makes a great effort to ensure that all guests are comfortable. The beds are wonderful, and the facility if extremely affordable! I love the neighborhood! Very old and beautiful New Orleans architecture – delightful walks to the French Quarter. The owner has been most gracious.

I am thankful and feel so blessed to have discovered the Creole Inn. There were be many more trips to New Orleans, and the Creole Inn is where I will always be!

Room Tip: I usually stay in the Memories Suite. The bed there is to die for!
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank Dennis P
Glasgow
Reviewed 23 April 2012

We enjoyed a 7 night stay in the Historic Creole Inn staying in the Cowboy Suite.

Our rooms were pleasant, with the shared bathroom clean and functional. This inn provided value for money - similar facilities to the motel we stayed in in Memphis with a little more space.

As the week went on we relaxed into treating the suite as home, and we enjoyed toasting our wedding with Gayl and the guests from the neighbouring suite (hello if you read this!!).

The area is great - lots of quirky shops, cafes and bars. New Orleans is an amazing place and we loved our stay in the city!

Notes **Once you check in you are given privacy, so if you want anyone to come in and check or clean your room during your stay you will need to request this. The air conditioning developed a fault during our stay - and the engineer was unable to come out due to the French Quarter Festival affecting the sleep quality rating**

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with friends