“Great Place!”

Old Historic Creole Inn
Ranked #30 of 142 New Orleans B&B and Inns
Reviewed 7 July 2013

We had 5 amazing days and the fact that we were staying in the Creole Inn helped to that! Charley, was an amazing Host, funny and available. The area is close enough to the French Quarter that you can walk back and forth all day long, or walk back at night and still be safe. It's quiet, calm, and extremely charming little house.
Thank you to Charley that was the only one working when we stayed. Great Job. I will come back some day!

Room Tip: Any room in the Creole is great. No preferences. And I tried 2!
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends
There are newer reviews for Old Historic Creole Inn

Reviewed 2 July 2013

Room was nice. Lobby had coffee in the morning and a computer to check email and handle our flight check-in. Easy walking distance to Frenchman Street and the French Quarter. Price was excellent and Kim and Charley were very friendly and helpful. Only negative I found was the shower nozzle was too low in our room.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 June 2013

Was centrally located the rooms were very nice. The staff was very helpful & friendly!! We loved our stay here. Was very reasonably priced!! Highly recommend the Creole Inn to anyone looking for a nice place up stay that is close to French Qtr!!

• Stayed: June 2013
Reviewed 20 June 2013

We had an awesome stay at the Creole Inn and would highly recommend it to anyone. Kim and Charley made us feel at home were wonderful hosts. They were very friendly and extremely nice people. We stayed here once before but felt more comfortable this time. The new management is great!

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 20 June 2013

As advertised, there are few "perks" with this place but that's not a complaint. When we're traveling we're only looking for a clean place to lay our head - the cool back patio, morning coffee, and drinks with the gracious innkeepers were enjoyable bonuses. Although a bit of a walk to the French Quarter, we discovered we liked this neighborhood district with its diverse collection of bars, cafes, restaurants and shops almost as much as the French Quarter itself. We'll definitely be staying here again for our return trip to New Orleans.

• Stayed: June 2013
Reviewed 19 June 2013

I stayed at the Creole Inn from June 1-5 and was very happy with the quality of the place as well as the surroundings! I was in the Plantation Suite, which was very cute & cozy. I just loved all the little furnishings in the room, like a little world globe next to the armoire. My room had a mini-fridge so I was able to keep some leftovers from a dinner one night to have later. It was very quiet while I was there, I only saw another guest once as I was leaving one morning. Kim and Charley were very helpful with giving directions and recommendations where to go in the city. The Cake Cafe is just two blocks away and good for breakfast and has the most *amazing* cupcakes.

Now when I was reading reviews before arriving in New Orleans, as I would be traveling by myself what I really wanted to know was how close is it to the French Quarter and is the neighborhood safe to walk home at night alone? The hotel is in the Marigny, which is next to the French Quarter, a quiet little residential area. Each night I took the route of walking along Decatur and then turning onto Frenchmen, which is just 4-5 blocks from the hotel. It was very safe and Decatur & Frenchmen were always bustling with people and music clubs at night. The hotel is about a 15-20 minute walk from the French Quarter, depending on how fast you walk and if you go to any shops along the way. I'm from NYC so perhaps I walk fast, but it didn't really seem that far away to me. Very easily walking distance to all the sights and I never had to use a cab to get back.

I would definitely recommend the Creole Inn to anyone staying in New Orleans who is on a budget and wants a clean, friendly & pleasant place to stay!

Room Tip: As a single traveler, the Plantation Suite was the perfect size.
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 15 June 2013

This is the second yr. that we stayed at the Creole Inn and it definitely won't be our last. We had a party of 10 family members and took up 4 of the rooms. Our room was clean, private and homey. We had a room that opened into the courtyard which made it extremely convenient. Within walking distance to the French Quarter, it was far enough away from all of the hustle and bustle but close enough that we didn't have to use any other form of transportation for the week that we were there. It was a 20 min. cab ride from the airport. The management had changed since the prior yr. and we couldn't have asked for friendlier people. Kim and Charley were informative and very friendly while at the same time being unobtrusive. She said to treat it like home and I felt at home the whole time that I was there. It was a great week and we are already making plans for our next trip.

Room Tip: If you are a smoker, the downstairs room is ideal.
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family