“First time in New Orleans. Loved it...”

Old Historic Creole Inn
Ranked #30 of 142 New Orleans B&B and Inns
Reviewed 21 April 2014

A party of six friends from Manchester Uk visited New Orleans for the first time. We all lodged at the Creole Inn for 5 nights. The accommodation met all our expectations. Not first class hotel experience, much more homely, which is what we wanted and such a bargain in comparison.the Creole Inn is ideally located for walking into The French quarter. At the Frenchman street end which is much better for music lovers than Bourbon Street. Kim and Charlie are very friendly hosts always keen to help. When I return to New Orleans, that's where I am staying. Can't say fairer than that.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Dave H
There are newer reviews for Old Historic Creole Inn

Reviewed 17 April 2014

What a Great place to stay and soak up the real feel of New Orleans, All the rooms are clean and tidy, with bath rooms for each room. Each bath room has shower and hot and cold running water. The rooms are basic stop overs and are just like staying in a friends house, This mainly due to the couple who look after you during your stay, both Kim and Charlie are wonderful people who make you very welcome. There is wifi available to all guests, that is where the luxury ends, You will have to eat out as they do not provide any food only lots of fresh coffee, If you wish to eat breakfast there are lots of café only two minutes away serving very good food. All facilities are only five minutes away and you are in the great place of New Orleans. Both Kim and Charlie are very friendly and both bend over back wards to help you with anything you need.

Room Tip: all rooms are individual but basic.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 13 April 2014

I stayed here for 3 days in early March and had such a great experience from booking the hotel to checking out. Place is exactly as described, quite, clean and a wonderful little gem. Kim and Charley go out of their way to ensure you have a pleasant stay and never miss a beat.
If I had one complaint or "flaw" I would say, is they do not know the history of the INN which is disappointing. A home that old should always have a story, just a little on the original owners and what not. I love to stay at old places and learn about them.
But if that's the worst thing I can complain about then it's worth the stay!

• Stayed: March 2014
1  Thank MissMelly555
Reviewed 9 April 2014

Stayed five nights at creole inn over the wrestlemania weekend in April 2014. Pleasantly surprised to find comfortable beds and rooms to ourselves. Charley and Kim were both very hospitable and helpful, with Kim offering to drive us to the airport for a cheap price. Would definitely recommend to anyone planning on staying in New Orleans near the French quarter.

• Stayed: April 2014
Reviewed 5 April 2014 via mobile

I have been mulling over this review bc I wanted to say good things but not too good bc then the masses will take over this gem. Plainly stated, if you're lame or a pain...go elsewhere. Kim and Charley are great, salt of the earth folks. If you like feeling like you're at your families place, go here. If you're high maintenance, don't. I stayed in the Memories room and had a great time. The room was clean, private, and safe. Kim put together my tours and I fed the neighborhood cats. Frenchmen St. is within walking distance and you can drink in the street. If you require more than that, go to the French Quarter. To the owners: please make the shower bigger. Also,consider a corner dresser so the bed can be moved to the opposite wall and both windows used.

• Stayed: March 2014
Reviewed 1 April 2014

Everything was as advertised. with the exception of the WiFi availability. Our room, upstairs and in rear, was evidently too far from the router to connect my laptop. My Kindle Fire worked sometimes, not often. In order to get on line I had to sit in the foyer/lobby. Price was excellent. The location is a reasonable walk to the French Quarter - 15 to 20 minutes I guess. It was quiet. We were left to ourselves. The television was ancient. That would not have concerned me if the WiFi was functional. There was a refrigerator in the room and a microwave downstairs. Morning coffee was available. I would recommend the place. I'll probably return myself but will ask for Old Europe room on the ground floor. I think it can get the router's signal. Neighborhood seemed safe. Everyone I met on the street said hello.

Room Tip: check to see if the WiFi has been upgraded
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 26 March 2014

I have just returned from my first stay at The Creole Inn. Our party had five people, my twin daughters, a friend and her daughter. We stayed ten days and had the best time. I believe part because of who you travel with, the other the accomodations.

Charley and Kim were friendly, helpful and accomodating. We needed an extra mattress for our fifth person which was provided without hesitation. Our rooms were a little cramped for five but quite do-able, were all still friends :) The beds were very comfortable, our room had a small bar fridge also. Charley and Kim had a great knowledge of the area hot spots, restaurants etc.

I would not hesitate to recommend this Inn to anyone. Best bang for your buck. Looking forward to a return trip

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends