“I have stayed at The Burgundy many times.”

The Burgundy Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #43 of 142 New Orleans B&B and Inns
Reviewed 29 May 2014

This is my B&B for when I stay a night or two (or more) in New Orleans. I live an hour drive away so can go as often as I can get a room. It's so nice, homey and comfortable. Carl and his crew make you feel the old southern hospitality. A great breakfast, lovely rooms, a good sleep, just great. I highly recommend this B&B which is a little off the beaten path, but very accessible to the French Quarter and everything else you want in Nola.

Room Tip: Everyone seems to like the Red Room best, and that's where I stayed. But I have been in each of...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo

Reviewed 27 March 2014

We ladies were a group of 5 staying from 3/18-3/22-14. Our accommodations were comfortable and safe. The breakfast in the mornings was delicious with fresh fruit and anything you could want. It is located close to the Quarter and we enjoyed the swing on the front porch. It was fun interacting with the neighborhood people who were friendly walkers. Carl was very kind and helpful scheduling events and providing discounts and expertise on things to see. We felt comfortable coming and going at different hours and were made to feel very welcome. Thank you Carl!

Jan Anderson/Phoenix, AZ

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 6 February 2014

Let me start this review by saying that I'm not much of a B&B person. My husband is in the military and when we had a last minute flight change that lest us with four extra vacation days, we made a dash for New Orleans. The price was right, it was close to the french quarter and there was free parking and free wifi.
Carl was a wonderful host, he was friendly and available but I never felt pushed to socialize. Immediately upon our arrival he set us up with a map, easy walking directions to the French Quarter and a list of restaurants not to be missed.
Breakfast was served daily, a clean, nicely equipped kitchen was available for us and there is a hot tub out back. All in all, a charming place.
I recommend the Burgundy Bed and Breakfast to anyone visiting New Orleans.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank misty d
Reviewed 5 February 2014

There ended up being 6 of us staying in two rooms. Carl was most accomidating with us coming and leaving at different times. The space we had was great and the whole house is so comfortable. We loved the neighborhood, especailly Frenchman Street. Great restaurants, bars, and the Art Market just a few blocks away was awsome. No problems walking to the Quarter.

Room Tip: We had the Red room and Green Room. Green room was perfect for 3 people. We added a rollaway in th...
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 4 January 2014

What I liked was that I felt comfortable. The location is great to get out of the craziness and enjoy the quaint neighborhood and some excellent little dining/bars nearby. It's not overly fancy and to me that made me feel more at home. We were able to use the fridge and kitchen supplies and enjoyed the hot tub on the back patio. Carl was a pleasant host and willing to answer any questions while at the same time wasn't intrusive. As it has been many years since I have stayed in a B & B, this reminds me why I need to do it more frequently, and New Orleans is a great place for this type of alternative. The 15 minute walk to the French Quarter was enjoyable. Definitely recommend. And make sure you eat at Mimi's- Go upstairs to the Tapas Bar.

Room Tip: Request the burgundy room if you want private access to the hot tub.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank Eureka1965
Reviewed 23 December 2013

And Carl helped us a lot for that.
The Burgundy is a nice house where to stay. He was helpful and answered all our questions, even helping with private stuff when he could.
The position is great: 10 minutes from Frenchmen Str, 15 min from the French quarter means being close to the life of NOLA, but far away from noise and music (I couldn't think of sleeping close to Burboun St.!)
Carl could also rent us two bikes which were a very good way to go around the city.
We slept wonderfully in the Green Room (the Coral Room was slightly less comfortable for us, as the mattress is very soft).
The breakfast was always plentiful and tasty, also Carl would always sit and chit-chat and provide whatever info or food necessary.
We simply had a wonderful time here. And if you need anything, just ask Carl!

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank nini_it
Reviewed 5 November 2013

Great place to stay! Carl is most helpful in pointing out things to do and he helps even make reservations for certain things for you at a discounted price!
We looked for a gay B&B with a jacuzzi and this place was wonderful.
We used 2 different rooms and both were very enjoyable rooms with private bathroom, tv and enough space (you won't feel cramped in these rooms)
Nice friendly neighborhood as well and an easy 15/20 minute walk to the. French quarter of New Oleans.
We would def. recommend this B&B and would be happy to return there!

Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple