“Not really a review, but we wish we could have gone...”

Bacchanal Fine Wine & Spirits
Ranked #51 of 239 Nightlife in New Orleans
Reviewed 25 July 2011

We were PASSIONATELY recommended to this place by a bartender....said they have "guest chefs" & really creative foods & great wines....sounded like its an outdoor operation & it was raining on our evening so when we called they said cooking & music had been suspended so we couldn't go...but it sounded awesome, I'd recommend giving it a try & its on my list for next time!

Reviewed 6 May 2011

I would go here again. The only problem was that the food menu was very limited. It was perfect for the carnivores in our group but not so much for the rest of us. I would say to go here for just wine and cheese and music (although the night we went the music was a bit odd) Maybe bring some cards and hang out with your friends and drink wine. Do not forget the bug spray! I got 15 bug bites that night. We took a cab here from the French Quarter and then took another cab to Frenchmen's Street after. Then we were able to walk about to the French Quarter from there. Would not recommend walking here from the French Quarter.

Reviewed 25 April 2011

As the first reviewer said, so cool getting to choose your own wine and cheese. The cheese was the first real cheese we'd had in the US after 2 months, delicious Camembert and Tallegio. Waited ages for the cheeses to be plated but I think they were bringing it up to room temperature. Would definitely recommend spending an evening here especially if you're heading off to Vaughn's afterwards.

1  Thank Muesli_f
Reviewed 7 August 2010

It smelled like animals in the wine shop. I couldn't stay in there for even a minute. The back yard was cool with live music.

Reviewed 21 June 2008

We went to this cool little place in New Orleans for a bottle of wine served in the garden behind a rather rundown looking storefront. You go in and choose a wine, by the bottle or by the glass. You can also choose a cheese hunk or two and the staff prepares it with delicious crusty bread and some vegetables on a plate and delivers it to your table in the garden, which is furnished with second-hand patio furniture. Outside, various neighborhood chefs prepare a different menu daily, featuring handmade sausages, dips, hors di'oeuvres, right on up to complete meals. After dark, they light the tiki torches and musicians play jazz and world music to a packed crowd the night we were there. I'd recommend this for the adventurous traveler. It's still only a $5 cab ride to the Quarter.