“Great thin crust pizza ”

Dolce Vita Wood Fired Pizzeria
Ranked #1,336 of 1,931 Restaurants in New Orleans
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Delivery, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Description: Dolce Vita Wood Fired Pizzeria is a family owned restaurant that specializes in authentic Neapolitan pizza. We bake all of our pizzas inside of our one of kind Stefano Ferrara hand built Neapolitan Brick Oven that was assembled and shipped directly to us from Italy. Not all pizzas are created equal. The art of the pizza pie is an Italian tradition starting in Napoli. We understand and respect that amazing food must come from a special place. All we ask is for you to try it once. Then you will understand the difference. You will taste the quality, with our love for Italian food Dolce Vita Wood Fired Pizzeria only cooks and bakes with the finest and freshest ingredients. Our menu has some obvious choices including our famous Pepperoni and Margherita Pizzas, but look for other fan favorites like the Milano, Tuscany, and Venice. We also have fresh salads, new panini's, seasonal pastas, appetizers, desserts, sandwiches, and a full bar with over 25 different beers, selected wines from all over the world, and cocktails. Your complete satisfaction is our top priority here at Dolce Vita Wood Fired Pizzeria. We are a casual and family friendly restaurant, and can accommodate to most dietary needs. We welcome you to come enjoy a slice with us today.
“Great thin crust pizza ”
Reviewed 31 July 2014 via mobile

I've eaten here several times & always had a good experience. The pizza is reminiscent of what I had in Italy- thin crust & simple ingredients. I especially like the pepperoni & margherita pizzas. The owner is really nice & eager to please. He serves some really good wine to go with his pizza. He has daily specials that look good, but I haven't tried them. This a great location for tourists- right on the St Charles streetcar line near Lee Circle.

“Good pizza, amazing sandwich”
Reviewed 27 June 2014

After eating out for every meal we decided it was time to order some pizza to our hotel room and have a night in. But we can get Dominoes any time, we decided to try something better. Boy, did Dolce Vita deliver (yeah, I went there). The pizza came with huge pieces of pepperoni and was very good but the real star of the meal was the "Weekly Special" sandwich! Pulled Chicken Confit, Stuffed Focaccia, Melted Fontina, Habanero and Honey Aioli, Creole Tomato and Basil. I want another one now just typing about it. The chicken was unbelievably tender and the aioli added just the right amount of sweet and heat. Delivery was very reasonable and the price wasn't bad either considering it wasn't some chain pie. If they can deliver that sandwich about 12 hours north, I'm in love!

Visited June 2014
New Orleans
“Some of the best pizza I have ever had!”
Reviewed 21 May 2014

I love this restaurant. I would go every day if I could. The lunch special, pizza wedge, salad and drink is a great buy at 8.00. The pizza has a thin melt-away crust thanks to the authentic Italian wood burning pizza oven that came all the way from Naples. The chef trained at Domenica and the great food shows his experience. This is the most authentic tasting pizza I have ever had this side of the Atlantic.

They have all sorts of wonderful pizzas, and interesting salads, and daily specials. This is a great find. They also deliver...... The atmosphere is friendly casual with music playing, and the owner (chef) and other staff and friendly and engaging. Great selection of ice tea as well! Located right on the streetcar line on St. Charles, you have the pleasure of seeing the streetcar ride by as you eat. There is a dessert menu (and although they look delicious I haven't tried them yet!)

• Visited May 2014