“Relativley new but Sure to be a Winner!”

Marcello's Restaurant & Wine Bar
Reserve with OpenTable
Marcello's Restaurant & Wine Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #33 of 1,975 Restaurants in New Orleans
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Neighbourhood: Central Business District
Reviewed 20 June 2014

We had a late and long lunch there this week. Had some business in town and this place came suggested as not everyone stays open in that 2-5 pm range. On St. Charles near the Federal court house it has a parking lot next door another across the street and good street parking too. Classic style with the old small black and white tile floors, big windows to the street and a wonderful bar and wine selection!. Super apps and a half price bottle wine deal for afternoons and happy hour. Food was very good and service was handled very well. Upscale and easy we highly recommend it!

There are newer reviews for Marcello's Restaurant & Wine Bar

Reviewed 16 June 2014

We were looking for a different place to have dinner and a bottle of wine. We sure did find it!! We looked at the menu in the window and decided to try it. We were immediately greeted by members of the staff and we decided to dine at the bar. The host told us about the wine selection and we were led to the wine inventory. The Sommelier made some great suggestions and we made our choice and took our bottle to the bar with us. The wines were priced very reasonably for a restaurant. They do have great selections of wine by the glass as well. Every member of the staff was friendly and knowledgeable. The bartender took excellent care of us and you could tell that he enjoyed serving. I requested a change on my Clam Pasta and he was more than happy to accomodate me. The Meaball Spaghetti and Mussels were also excellent. I could not have asked for a better dining experience.

Reviewed 12 June 2014

After dining in 2 of New Orleans top restaurants, both in my opinion very overrated, what a delight to find this Italian newcomer. Great concept that allows you to select your bottle of wine from their vast inventory, stacked throughout the dining room, and reasonably priced for a restaurant. But the best part of this dining gem is the food which is attractively presented and just delicious . Sure to soon become a top restaurant destination in this very food conscious city.

1  Thank Bob S
Reviewed 31 May 2014 via mobile

Good find. Happy Hour great value, good wine at great value. Excellen Excellent appetizers. Friendly and accommodating staff.

1  Thank Bill P
Reviewed 16 May 2014

We stopped in this restaurant one night on the recommendation of our hotel. It was a quiet Tuesday night about 9:00 but they didn't seem to mind. We brought our own wine as well. The waiter was very pleasant as was the manager who gave us a tour after dinner. They had only been opened about 2 weeks. The place is very pretty with a different vibe in the back room where the kitchen was. We sat in the front room by the window. Food was fantastic! I had the Marsala Pork Cheek over Angel Hair Pasta. I'm drooling right now just thinking about it. My husband had the Lamb Ragu. Everything was great. I highly recommend a visit to this wonderful new restaurant. It will be around for a long time. It will be one of my first stops when I get back to New Orleans!