“Landmark Hat Shop Downtown New Orleans”
Review of Meyer The Hatter

Meyer The Hatter
Ranked #18 of 229 Shopping in New Orleans
More attraction details
Owner description: One of America's finest hat stores.
Panama City FL
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“Landmark Hat Shop Downtown New Orleans”
Reviewed 14 August 2014

Stopped by Meyer The Hatter while I was in New Orleans. The selection here is world class, as is the knowledge, experience, and history these folks bring to the table. Found what I wanted, in my size, for a good price. I returned to the store the following day to buy some extra feathers for my other hats at home. Also got a cool Fleur de Lis hat pin (who dat!). But the highlight of my trip was meeting and swapping jokes with the third generation, 90-year-young owner, Sam Meyer. What a fun time!

Visited August 2014

Birmingham, Alabama
3 attraction reviews
“Fantastic place to get a hat!”
Reviewed 5 August 2014

Everywhere I travel, I look for a place to buy a new hat. These guys were fantastic! Really good selection with a range of quality and style options. And, they're online.

Visited August 2014
Aiken, South Carolina
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Great”
Reviewed 26 July 2014

We have brought hats from this store each time we visit New Orleans . The quality is great and the style is outstanding. The customer service is something everyone should experience.

Visited July 2014
Newburgh, Indiana
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Great Hatter”
Reviewed 22 May 2014

One of the best. I have tried to buy hats all over the country, and you can't find places like this anymore. They have an excellent selection of quality men's hats at reasonable prices. The staff actually knows about hats. The place is geared towards buyers rather than browsers, but can still be fun to visit. If you are a man in New Orleans and want a real man's hat, you should go see Meyer.

Visited May 2014
USA
28 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 47 helpful votes
“Mainly for Men”
Reviewed 30 April 2014

This shop was worth visiting. I enjoyed looking at the hats, but there was a poor selection for women. The hats seemed to be for older women. The only person in the shop that spoke to me was the security guard who was friendly. I suppose that everyone else was too busy. I saw a better selection of contemporary styles around the French Market and on that street.

Visited April 2014