NOLA Jazz House
US$209
US$179
Preferred Hotels
  • Restaurant
Crowne Plaza Hotel Astor-New Orleans(New Orleans)(Great Value!)
US$137
US$131
US$332
US$302
US$262
US$240
  • Restaurant
Four Points By Sheraton French Quarter(New Orleans)(Great Value!)
US$243
US$220
  • Pool
Holiday Inn New Orleans - Chateau Lemoyne(New Orleans)(Great Value!)
US$199
US$147
HolidayInn.com
US$209
US$122
  • Pool
Wyndham New Orleans - French Quarter(New Orleans)(Great Value!)
US$121
  • Pool
Omni Royal Orleans(New Orleans)
US$237
US$228
  • Pool
Drury Inn & Suites New Orleans(New Orleans)(Great Value!)
US$139
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsbunk bedsstreetcar stopday passtram lineprivate bedroomquiet hoursthe main areasfree breakfastfrench quartermake your own waffleswaffle makercommon areasstayed nightscanal streetgreat suggestionsnice breakfasta great place to stay
Reviewed 3 August 2014 via mobile

I came down to New Orleans with a buddy of mine from Atlanta. The hostel was 2 miles from the quarter, but an easy ride on the street car. We had a private room with 2 bunk beads. Everything was nice and clean. The staff was awesome. Sarah, David and Zara all took really good care of us and had lots of local knowledge. The other guests there were really friendly; we all enjoyed drinking together on the back porch before heading down to the quarter for live music. Great weekend, stay here...

Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 22 July 2014

I spent a weekend at this hostel and had a great experience. I stayed in a private room and shared a bathroom on the floor. There is also a common kitchen, dining area, outside patio, and living area with a TV and DVD player. The stay includes breakfast of pancakes or oatmeal and coffee/tea. It is located on Canal Street and is a little ways from downtown and the French Quarter, but the street car stops one block away and is a very cheap and easy way to get around that runs until 3am. The staff is FANTASTIC--we talked to David and Sarah and both of them gave us great advice on where to go, what to eat and how to get there. Thanks to them we had a wonderful visit. I highly recommend this hostel as a quiet and affordable place to stay in NOLA!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 18 July 2014

Stayed here in June 2014 for two nights, had a twin room together with a friend. Guy behind the desk was extremely friendly and helpful in telling us how everything worked at the hostel and what the must do's are in NO. It's a little bit outside of the city center but an old school tram stops right in front of the hostel which takes you to the center (goes till 3AM!).

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 1 July 2014 via mobile

NOLA Jazz House is probably one if the nicest hostels I have stayed at. It's very much like a house where you feel at home while staying in New Orleans. I loved the location because it was just a short tram trip down canal street to get to the French Quarter and Bourbon Street. A day pass is only $3 a day on the tram. The staff especially were helpful and sociable, adding to the "at home" feel that this hostel provides. Free pancakes and coffee were nice, especially for the affordable price of staying here. My one complaint is that our room was hot and I woke up sweating, but as I am also from the south (Texas) I'm used to the heat and I know the AC can't always keep up with the weather. I will be recommending this hostel to my friends for sure!

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 1 July 2014

A friend and I stayed mid-June and it was my first time visiting New Orleans.

We had a great time and the hostel worked very well for us. It should be noted that they are still pretty new so they are undergoing mild construction.

Location: The hostel is located in mid-city, which wasn't extremely close to anything, but still centrally located. We were able to easily navigate using the streetcar or a taxi if we went as far as the Bywater district.

Staff: Excellent. They were all very helpful and even have a 24-hour phone if you need help late and lock yourself out of your room. We had a great time speaking with staff and got some great suggestions on places to visit in New Orleans.

Amenities: Pretty standard for a hostel and the free wi-fi was a plus. They have a kitchen and two fridges. There are two bathrooms downstairs that go with their dorm-style rooms. There is another bathroom upstairs with the private rooms.

Cons: The only thing I can really complain about is that the ATM in the lobby charges a pretty hefty fee, so be aware if you need to use it. Also the bathrooms get some pretty heavy usage from about 8:30-10:30, as the amount of people the hostel can accommodate is more than the bathrooms can handle while people are getting ready in the morning.

Overall: Great value. I liked the location but you should be a savvy traveler, otherwise it might be too far from the rest of the city for you. Would recommend.

Room Tip: Private rooms upstairs are a bit quieter.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends