“Heeeeyy Baaaaaby!”

and up
New Orleans Private Vehicle City Tour
Ranked #143 of 383 things to do in New Orleans
Reviewed 12 April 2014

Recently traveled to N.O. for my birthday and I can't express how much I enjoyed myself. I wanted to experience a true Nawlins experience and I got just that. We accidentally met Mr. Milton Carr while on pit stop we were taking at the Treme Coffee Shop. He noticed us looking at the pictures around the shop and came up and talked to us and gave us some city history. He noticed me browsing Kermit Ruffin CD's that were for sell and recommended me some good ones (even took me to the Mother's In Law Lounge to meet him). He showed us the 8th and 9th wards, and even the neighborhood he lived in (just the experience we were looking for). He answered all the questions we had about the various things we saw in the city, recommended the best places to go to (which were all amazing) and why they are the best, he knows the city! He gave us history of the city(past and present) that would put other "tour guides" in New Orleans to shame! (we went to more than one while visiting) He taught us how to greet locals (see title), and showed us why many come but few leave. If you want to experience the "REAL" New Orleans and not just the "trendy" Canal and Bourbon street atmosphere, give Mr. Carr and Positive Tours a call, you WILL NOT be disappointed!!! Mr. Carr truly showed me and the group I was traveling with the true definition of Southern Hospitality!!!! Thanks for the experience of a lifetime, I will be back!!!

9  Thank Jack B
in 27 reviews
in 20 reviews
in 4 reviews

Reviewed 15 March 2014

A group of friends and I visited New Orleans for Mardi Gras kickoff. We were referred to Mr. Milton "Boo" Carr, Jr. For a city tour. Mr. Milton was an awesome guide. He is from New Orleand and extremely knowledgeable of the culture. He showed us the city, 9th ward, Treme and the City Park. He had a great spirit and seemed to genuinely love what he does. I highly recommend you take his tour if you want to have an authentic experience. "Hey baaaaaaaaby"!

3  Thank Tia W
Reviewed 12 February 2014

We had a great tour guide. I learned a bunch on the rescues and the houses and people in general. Very interesting. I think this is a must do when in NOLA. Worth the time and money. I'm sure that you could drive there but think it is easier and safer on a tour.

2  Thank ShellyDias
Reviewed 30 January 2014

How can you place a rating on this??? When we were in New Orleans we wanted to see the devastation from Hurricane Katrina. I can't believe that 10 years later there are still houses in disarray and despair. We as a nation continue to send money to foreign countries when we really need to be spending right here to continue to help these people who were displaced.
They lost everything and nothing was done to help them. It's so sad to drive through this neighborhood knowing that so many people lost their lives here. As we were driving through it brought an eerie feeling to you knowing that people dude here while trying to save others.

6  Thank wrigley1980